Chapter Two

edited.

After the library incident, I decided not to got to the playground anymore. I was beyond terrified. I couldn't even think about it without shivering.

Ever since I stopped visiting Shawn, I've been experiencing weird things happening to me. Paranormal occurrences, one of the many things I dreaded in my life.

I just kept ignoring all the strange things. Once, I would hear footsteps in my room while I was half-awake. The other time, I would see flashes of Shawn's face in the mirror.

Those times scared me, but that's just the beginning. Every night when I would pass the playground, I can hear someone calling me, and I knew, it was Shawn. My name being called was like a curse, bringing me into a trance.

I've tired to avoid any sort of interaction with him for I know something bad was bound to happen. But I couldn't live like this forever. No one can.

Tonight is the night I communicate with the dead - with Shawn. It's time to know why he's doing all of this.

With the ouija board in front of me, the planchette right at my fingertips, I was ready.

"Okay, Shawn, if you're here, give me a sign." I said, silence following right after. A few seconds later, I smell a foul scent, almost like a rotting body. Shawn. 

"Okay. Shawn, what is your purpose for doing all this to me? What are you trying to tell me?" I asked. I waited for the planchette to move. A few seconds later, it responded.

I M I S S Y O U

"Shawn please, I'm begging you. Stop following me." I said. The glass moved to the NO.

"What do I have to do to make you stop following me?" I asked. Silence. I waited a few seconds, but it didn't move.

A cold breeze entered my room and goosebumps formed on my skin from head to toe.

"Die." I hear someone say. I turn around and saw him.

"What?" I asked.

"Die, so you can be with me forever." He said walking closer to me.

"I don't want to. I'm not going to give up my life just to be with you." I said backing away from him.

"But I love you." He said.

"But we've only known each other for a few weeks."

"It took me three minutes, AnnaMarie. Three whole minutes to realize that I was in love with you. I never thought I could feel. Please." I could hear the desperation in his voice.

"But I-I'm not in love with you." I nervously said.

"Fine, if that's how you like it. If I can't have you, then no one can." He said, disappearing right after.

Suddenly, blurred spots began to fill my vision, making me numb—immobile. Then, I black out.