"Being picked on for what?"

"For not having a mother," you answered. "I caught those kids once, don't worry, I don't think they'll pick on her anymore."

And ever since then, you always make sure that Suki is not being bullied. You don't know what exactly is happening in her classroom but you always keep an eye on her every time she goes to school and when you're picking her up. Not only that, but you often ask her about it, and she said they stopped picking on her.

Though she didn't exactly tell Kenma about it, and probably the reason why the little girl left after accidentally blurting that out was because she thought Kenma doesn't know and she doesn't want to be interrogated by him about it.

"Anyways, why are you here, Kuro?" Kenma asked, changing the subject of the conversation just as Kuroo finished the onigiri and was about to take another one on the plate when Kenma asked that question and he stopped.

"Oh I came to give you something," he said, taking something inside his coat and you looked at it as he put it atop the table. "I got you two pass for the V. League match this weekend."

"Two?"

"Just in case you want to bring a date," Kuroo said, glancing at you before you shook your head and averted your gaze from him. "In which case, you can bring Y/n with you."

Right, you thought, Kuroo is working for the Japan Volleyball Association so it wouldn't be hard for him to get free pass for V. League matches. A perks of having someone with connections, but then again, he shouldn't really abuse that connection of his. Though you doubt he asked for the pass, it's probably given to him.

Kenma took one pass and looked at it. "Jackals?"

"Yep," Kuroo said before he stood up. "Thought you'd want to see the little shrimp play since last year you didn't go see him in person."

"Last year?" you asked.

"I gave him a free pass last year but he declined."

"Last year?" you asked again. "Was that the pass you used when you asked me out on a date?"

"On a what?" Kenma asked, looking at you.

"I mean, it wasn't exactly a date, more like a return for a favor. It wasn't a date," you said, and you didn't even know why you needed to repeat yourself that it wasn't a date. You just shook your head and averted your gaze from Kenma to Kuroo.

"Anyways, you guys should watch, it'll be a great game," he said before waving his hand and leaving.

Moments after Kuroo left, you sat there with Kenma as he read the pass. You took the one left on the table. "Oh? It's MSBY Black Jackals and Schweiden Adlers again?"

"Did you?" Kenma asked, though his voice was a bit lower so you weren't sure about his question until he repeated himself. "Did you go with Kuroo and watched the match?"

"Why?" you asked, looking at him with furrowed brows. "If I did, what about it?"

"It just kind of..."

"Kind of?" you asked slowly.

Kenma looks like he was going to say it but then changed his mind. "Never mind." He put the pass back on the table before he stood up. "I'm not really that interested in watching it."