Chapter 1: The Luck of an Asylum

Day 1: The Thing

I was deeply asleep, but something woke me up. I didn't know what woke me up, but I stayed up. I thought I was not sleeping well because I was thirsty. I grabbed my lantern, turned it on, and got a drink. I went to the living room to check the time. It said, "3:07 PAUSED". I started to get tired, and at that moment, I heard a strange noise coming from straight above my head. I went upstairs and all of a sudden my room was boarded up. I thought I was dreaming, but I am not. How did that happen? At least I can use the parent's bedroom to sleep. I got in bed and fell asleep. I "woke up". In a strange small room with a bed and a drawer. But there was a door that was really worrying me for some reason. I opened the door. "AAAAAHHHHHHH!" I screamed.

I really woke up this time. I realized it was just an extremely realistic dream I was in. That scared me a lot. My room was still boarded up. I thought I couldn't sleep again so I went downstairs, got water, turned around, and saw the front door was OPEN. At this point, I thought our house was "haunted". I risked going outside because I was so curious. We moved here recently and when the outside of the house was visible from the car, I was asleep so I did not see the outside of the house yet. I saw a dark grass path and I was just so curious to see what it leads to. I walked for about 30 seconds and found myself in a graveyard. Now I was thinking FOR SURE our house was haunted, but that stuff is just not real. I walked around the graveyard with my lamp, and I was curious enough to find a grave that is open and peek inside. I was curious but scared at the same time, so I decided to go back home and go to sleep, but I tripped on the dirt and fell inside the grave. At this point, I was scared that I would die by a "monster" like the one I saw in my dream. I just realized that I could not escape. I walked around for a while and found out that this grave is WAY bigger than I thought it would be. It was like a full-on maze. Then I found a hallway with a DOOR in it, and I just thought this grave was "cursed". I could not escape, so this was my only choice. I walked until I heard a loud "SLAM!" I quickly turned around and saw that a door appeared where I entered the hallway. I had no choice but to go to the door in front of me. I walked for a little, and then a strange pitch-black tall person with glowing white eyes appeared and grabbed me. At that moment I freaked out so much that I couldn't move. The person fed me a "sleeping potion" that made me fall asleep instantly.

Day 2: Escaping Jail

I have been asleep all day yesterday and I finally woke up. I looked around and realized I was in JAIL. I wanted to see what time it was, but I didn't have a watch or a clock nearby. The bars were kind of broken, and I managed to escape. There were only a few other cages, and one had a hallway in it, but I couldn't get inside. I knew something was up inside there. I found a staircase that led to the second floor of the jail, and I realized it was a MAZE. I had found my way through after about 5 minutes, and there was a bright white door. I opened it and I was in the control room.

I switched the yellow switch on the left, and a huge rusty door opened. I ended up in a dark hallway, and I decided that this is the only way to escape, so I walked. And all of a sudden, the pitch-black person appeared and grabbed me again, and he had another potion that said "Past sleep potion", and it was a different color. He splashed it all over me and I fell asleep once again. And I was in a dream again, but everything was black and white, which made me feel like I am in the past. I had complete control of my dream, and I walked to see a very familiar room. It was like the room I was in in my first dream. I went in the door where the thing was in the last dream, and it looked like time was paused and it was him as an angel turning into a demon. I quickly ran away and saw that the wall opened up to a hallway. I walked inside and saw two ways with people. I went to the right, and it was the angel. I could save his life!

Day 3: The Key?

The angel took me back to my house and left. Mom and dad were not back yet and I knew something was wrong. He took me home at midnight, so I slept until I woke up again at 3:07 AM. I realized the door is always unlocked now, so I went outside and explored places beside the graveyard. I found a car with a key next to it and there was a note by the key that said "I saw a tall dark figure standing in front of me. It looked like a monster with 6 eyes, 3 on the back. It was just in front of me roaring for no reason. Then it dropped a key on the floor. I decided to leave it here. Anyway, it dug a hole in somebody's grave and it never came out of there. This key looks like it belong to the jail." I grabbed the key and went straight to the open grave. The person took me to the jail again but didn't feed me a potion. I used the key to open the cage with the door inside it. It opened and I went in there. The hallway led to the grave hallway where the "monster" ran off. I went in there and it led to the outside. There were 2 caves, and I decided to go to the first one. Then rocks blocked the exit of the cave, and believe it or not, I was stuck. I walked for about 10 minutes and then the ground fell into a hole. I was in a white room and it looked like it was finally day. I ran for the door and then the ground fell again. But this time, into the sewers. I now regret what I just did. I needed to find an exit so I walked for a little and then a GIANT spider appeared and bit me.

Day 4: The True Way

I was back at my house somehow, laying in my bed. It's been 4 days since this all started. I went outside and I realized I still have the key. I went to the grave, and to the jail. I used the key, went into the hallway, and went into the OTHER cave. This time rocks didn't block the exit. There was a big jump down, and I made it without falling over. I kept walking and I found the big black person but then a girl faced down on the floor, and a note. I read the note and it said "I was setting up for a prank for Halloween and I dressed up as some sort of creature. The eyes were big lights. But my friends thought I was a real monster and they brought me down here. I was stuck here for a month. I cannot find any food! I am starving to death." I felt very bad and took the girl home to my room. I woke her up, fed her food, and then we went back to my room to chat. "So it was you the whole time?" I asked. "Yeah... I wish they did not take the prank so seriously! I mean, they knew it was Halloween! Anyway, thank you so much for getting me out of that place... It means everything to me." said the girl. At this moment, I thought I was kind of a "hero" for saving that girl. I sent her to her house and walked back home. Then the sunset, I brushed my teeth and got ready for day 5.

Day 5 and 6: The False Way

I woke up and walked around the house for a while. I didn't know what else to do. I had just remembered how long mom and dad have been gone. Maybe I should help them or something. At that moment, I had to go to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet for a while looking in the darkroom. I was looking around and in the shower, I saw a small, sharp knife. I had never seen dad or mom have a knife anything like that, so there must be something going on. I picked it up and walked around the house wondering what I could do with it. I went outside to see what I could do, and I decided to go the opposite way of where the path was leading, and I found a note that said "Dear diary, That park next door gives me weird vibes. I need somebody to check on it because it just randomly closed yesterday." And it said it was written on October 13, 1986. That was just about 1 year ago. I took that note with me just in case, and I kept walking until I found the park. It was all rusty and the entry was boarded up. I could not enter. I realized that this knife is so sharp, I could use it to cut the boards open. I hit it as hard as I could and it actually opened. Now I'm just worried that somebody will see me doing this because I might get back in jail if I do. Like by the police, not the "monster". I was doing research around the park, and I wanted to test the slide to see if this park is completely broken, or they just shut down for no reason. I climbed up the ladder of the slide and slid down, and then the floor opened like a door would and I fell for about 10 minutes. Then I landed down on my face, in a dark hallway. Now I know exactly why they shut down the park. Probably because when kids went down the slide, they just disappeared and their parents never saw them again. I knew this part of the world is haunted. I may never get out of this dark, white hallway. I walked for a little and I was thinking, I really felt like some dessert or something sugary. And then all of a sudden, I saw a cookie. I thought God was here to save me. I ate the cookie, it was very good, and I sat down for a while, thinking about how I would get out of here. I felt some tickling in my belly, and I threw up the cookie. The chocolate chips were moving around and formed a face. And it turned around and faced me. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" And I teleported somewhere. I thought the girl from yesterday was getting me back for some reason. I think she's really evil. I saw her costume standing up in a weird way and I sneaked up on her. And then I forgot I still have the knife, so I stabbed her super hard on the back. She got angry. I mean VERY angry. She even wanted to fight. She poured a bunch of lava on the floor to defend her. I jumped over all the lava and got to her and stabbed her right on the head. I finished her. Is everything all over?

Day 7: The Asylum?

I woke up at 3:07 AM again which tells me I have one more thing left. I woke up, ate an energy bar, and headed outside. I walked around for a while. And I saw that the car where I got the key from was not there. I went to the grave and realized there is one way I have not gone yet. I went in there, and it got darker and darker until it was pitch black. I tried to keep walking, and it finally got brighter. I found a vent and I was so confused, because who would put a VENT in a GRAVE? I went in there anyway and I ended up in some sort of asylum. I walked around for a while and I couldn't believe my luck, but I found dad there. I was so excited to tell him all about what happened while he was gone. "Where is mom though?" I asked. Dad said, "She's at home making a special lunch." "Yay!" I said. "What happened while you were gone? Why did it take you so long?" "It's a long story," said dad.