𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but she could've come back here. Besides, we would've had come back for your painting anyways." Camilo shrugged.

"Let's check the kitchen first." Valentina suggested as she dragged the boy towards the kitchen.

"Mirabel?" Camilo called out, but got no answer.

"Mirabel?" Valentina yelled out as the two walked through the main hall.

"Mirabel?" Camilo echoed, before his face turned into a babies once again.

Valentina slapped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from laughing at the sight of her best friend with a random babies face.

"I think that's a sign that we should stop." Valentina snickered.

"Are you going to repaint me with a baby face now?" Camilo laughed as he started to lead the girl upstairs.

"Repaint?" Valentina mumbled, "So you did look at the painting!"

"No I didn't! You've just painted me before so uh- yeah. That's what I meant." Camilo nervously smiled.

"You are terrible at lying to me, mi amor." Valentina whispered as she leaned towards the boy.

"You're just very intimidating, Valentina." Camilo blushed.

He was lying, of course, it was actually because he was head over heels for Valentina.

"Intimidating?" Valentina asked with her brows raised.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Camilo smiled as he tucked a strand of hair behind Valentina's ear.

"You have, Camilo. Many times in fact."

"Well I was wrong. You aren't beautiful." Camilo said, "Your beauty is radiant. You're gorgeous, Valentina."

"Radiant? Is tío Felix teaching you how to be romantic, Cami?" Valentina laughed as she looked away, trying to mask the heat radiating from her cheeks.

"Turning away to hide your blush doesn't work on me Valentina. We've been best friends for 15 years, I know that you do that when your blushing." Camilo smiled as he turned Valentina's face towards his, "And for the record– yes, he is teaching me how to be romantic."

"Well, for the record, it's working." Valentina mumbled as she finally leaned away from Camilo.

"What? Wh-what do you mean that it's working?" Camilo stuttered as he grabbed Valentina's shoulders, "Do you-"

"Can you two get a room— or maybe actually look for Mirabel?" Dolores asked as she looked at them with crossed arms.

"Oh! Hey Dolores!" Valentina awkwardly smiled as she looked away from Camilo.

"Just wait till I tell mom." Dolores smirked as she quickly walked away from the two teens.

Camilo and Valentina looked back towards each other, tension present in the air.
As the two looked into eachothers eyes, Camilo's flickered down to Valentina's lips.

"Can I-"

"Can we go finish my painting?" Valentina quickly interrupted once the silence started to freak her out.

"Yeah, of course." Camilo tightly smiled as he gently grabbed the girls hand.

"Sorry, were you about to say something?" Valentina frowned.

"Yeah, but I forgot. Let's go finish your painting that I totally didn't look at." Camilo laughed.

THE LOUD SOUND OF LAUGHING ROUSED VALENTINA AND CAMILO FROM HIS ROOM.