"Do you know how long you're going to get locked up here with your doing?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No your highness," I said lowly.

"40 years," He said.

I finally looked up to the King, shocked by what I just heard. I saw Jennie looking at her father wearing the same expression I had. I guess she didn't expect that as well.

"It's considered betrayal, and because of how long you've been doing it makes the sentence much serious," He said calmly.

My heart is pounding like crazy. I'm going to be an old bitch when I get out of here. Fuck.

I had so much waiting for me. I was going to take my father's place when he retires. I had a wonderful future ahead of me.

Instead, I'm going to rot here and have nothing waiting for me. Jennie hates me, I don't know if my father is okay, the whole kingdom thinks I betrayed them. Maybe I do deserve to rot here.

It's like the King can hear the turmoil I'm having in my head "Honestly speaking, I don't want your skill wasted, but you can't get out of this without punishment. People won't take justice seriously if I let you go just because I'm close friends with your father" He said disappointingly.

"I understand your highness" I replied. I turned my attention to Jennie and she was staring at my arm. I looked at it and saw that she was staring at the wound that I just finished stitching.

The king followed what his daughter is looking at and said "I'll ask a doctor to come here and check that, nice stitching" He nodded.

"Thank you your highness" I replied to his compliment.

"We'll just speak with the chief" The King walked away with his wife at the end of the hallway to speak with the head of the dungeon security.

I looked back in front of me and saw that Jennie didn't follow her parents.

She was glaring at me "I can't believe you" She started pacing. I can feel her getting angry by the second.

I honestly have no idea what to say. I could guess why she's angry. She probably felt betrayed or lied to especially because I knew she trusted me.

"I'm sorry" That's the only thing that came out of my mouth.

She stopped pacing and glared at me again. I moved back slightly because honestly scared me a little.

"I'm sorry? That's the only thing you're going to say to me?" She walked closer to me.

Here we go.

"I can't fucking believe you!" Shit she cursed, she doesn't curse. "I trusted you and I told you everything about me, I even let all my walls down for you and I don't even know half of who you are" She's rambling now and she even went back to pacing. "God, I'm so fucking stupid. You were such a good person and you had the biggest heart and then suddenly I find out that you beat up people in the arena as a hobby! I knew you were too good to be true, I also knew no human being could be that nice. You treated me like nobody else did and maybe that's the thing that blinded me the most!"

She sighed "And to think that I was already falling for you" She whispered.

My eyes widened and my heart went crazy "What did you say?" I said quietly. She looked at me "It doesn't matter now" and bit her lip slightly.

My chest hurts from all these emotions.

Then suddenly a loud noise was heard then followed by a siren. I know that sound, and it's definitely not good.

I looked at Jennie and she was already looking at me in panic.

"Fuck! I need to get out here" I said while looking at the locks thinking of impossible ways to break it.

I kicked at the lever as strong as I could and kicked it again. Hopefully, it's too rusty to hold. I kicked it a few more times before giving up "Fuck!"

Jennie was looking around then a guard came running down towards us shouting "We're being attacked!"

Then the King and Queen ran out from the room where the Chief is located. The three of them went straight to us.

"Who's attacking?!" The King demanded.

"We don't know yet your highness but everyone is saying that it's The Savages," The guard said while panting from exhaustion.

The Chief came forward "I think it's better for you to stay here your highness. You and your family can stay in the panic room below. It's a lot safer than running to the castle"

The Queen is hugging Jennie with tears running down her eyes. I can see that Jennie is close to tears as well, I can also see her hands shaking. We never had anything like this happen for years, and the last time this happened, my mother died.

"I'm going to call a few guards to escort you to the panic room and serve as protection," The Chief said and the King nodded.

"Wait!" I called out once they started planning what to do if the panic room was breached.

They all looked at me "I can guard them. If you can't trust me to guard all of them then maybe just the princess. I'm still her protector" I pleaded.

The King walked towards me "You're not her protector anymore the moment you landed yourself here" he said.

I looked at him straight in the eye "But you know no one can protect her like I could, what landed me here is proof of my abilities"

They were all looking at me waiting for the King's move.

I sighed and continued in a softer tone "You can't leave me here helpless. I've been helpless before and it ended with the death of someone I love dearly. Give me a chance. I'll willingly lock myself back here after all this is over. Please" I practically begged.

The King stared at me for a few seconds "Get her out" The guards and the chief were shocked.

"But your highness--" The Chief started.

"Are you questioning me?" The King took his eyes from me for a second to glare at the Chief.

The Chief stuttered "No y-your highness, it's just--"

The King cut him off "I'd rather have a criminal free today than lose my daughter today" He gestured for the guard to unlock my gate.

Jennie looked down and bit her lip with worry.

I walked out of the cell carefully like I'm waiting for someone to stop me tell me it was a joke, but none came. I sighed from relief.

Another loud noise came and that brought all of us to reality. "Let's go" The King commanded.

We ran passing by the dark hallway towards the panic room with Jennie beside me and everyone in front of us with the Chief leading.

Suddenly Jennie screamed and when I turned to her someone swiped her from the side and was pulling her back. The King and the others stopped with fear in their eyes. The King was being held by the Chief so he wouldn't rush to the princess and risk his life.

I ran to Jennie and pulled her to me slightly and kicked the man's thigh that ended with him kneeling to the floor. I guided Jennie behind me and elbowed the man's head to knock him out, and took the knife that he dropped and put it on the side of my boot.

I turned to Jennie "Are you okay Princess?" She was shaking from fear and she was still looking at the unconscious man on the floor, so I held her face to focus her eyes on me "You're okay, as long as I'm here I won't let anything happen to you. Okay?"

Her eyes were watering slightly when she nodded. I gave her an encouraging smile the held her hand then we followed the others.

~~~~~
Don't forget to vote and comment😊