"Yes!" Kate jumped up and grabbed Wednesday's hand, tugging her into the foyer to move the table.

Wednesday watched as Kate and Jack stood opposite each other, fencing swords held in their hands. She and Eleanor were stood to the side of the foyer while Kate and Jack were in the middle.

"Honey, be careful," Eleanor said.

"When am I not careful?" Kate sighed.

"I was talking to Jack," Eleanor said.

Kate and Jack lined their swords up and then started fencing, Kate getting the upperhand on Jack easily enough. Jack smiled as Kate won the first sparring round.

"Wow. You are good," Jack said.

"Don't let me win, Jack," Kate said.

"I wouldn't. Go again?" Jack grinned.

They got into position again and Kate leapt forward, parrying with him until she won again.

"Oh! Caught me again. Wow, you are good," Jack chuckled.

"Kate, I prefer a fiancé with four limbs, please," Eleanor said.

"Stop letting me win," Kate huffed.

"I... I'm not. Honest. I mean, two-time state champ, right?" Jack grinned.

Kate scoffed and moved back into position. She jumped towards Jack, the two fighting until Kate poked his stomach.

"Oh!" Jack said.

"What are you hiding, Jack?" Kate said loudly.

"Nothing. I'm an open book. Right, darling?" Jack smiled at Eleanor.

Kate lunged at him, but Jack easily fought off the attack and sent her sword flying towards Wednesday.

She caught it in one hand, swinging it around a few times before stopping the blade with her other palm. She put it on the table they'd moved and Eleanor relaxed now one of the swords was out of Kate's reach.

"Excellent catch, Wednesday!" Jack declared.

"Kate! What is wrong with you?" Eleanor snapped.

"He's lying," Kate scoffed.

"To be fair, I did downplay my skill and repeatedly lie about it," Jack smiled.

"She tried to stab you in the face!" Eleanor said.

"No, I knew he would parry. What I was trying to do was prove that he is lying, which I successfully did," Kate scoffed.

"I'm gonna go change," Jack said, excusing himself upstairs.

Eleanor moved towards the lounge and the two girls followed, Kate tugging off her fencing uniform while Wednesday caught it and started folding it from behind her.

"I cannot believe you," Eleanor scoffed.

"Jack is hiding something, mom. Don't you think it's a little strange that the same night his uncle threatens you, he ends up murdered by sword? How many people get murdered by sword each year in New York? I'm gonna go ahead and guess zero," Kate scoffed.

"Kate, it's sweet that you're worried, but just remember I'm the mom. It's my job to protect you," Eleanor said.

"I'm not a kid anymore!" Kate said.

"You're not a superhero either. Okay? What happened to Armand is terrible, but the police will handle it. I don't want you doing any more snooping. You could get really hurt, and we're not talking scrapes on the knee anymore, Kate. And you," Eleanor turned to Wednesday.