Chapter 2: Robin 2.0

Start from the beginning

"he's not going to say anything because he's saying here." Bruce signed trying to calm everything down.

"What-"

"He's staying here and I want you to train him." He continued.

"Train him for what?" Grace asked finally starting to calm down a little. 

"To be the new Robin." Grace felt her whole body stiffen, her cold gaze landing on Jason. 

"That's funny." Grace let out a fake laugh.

"Grace I'm serious-"

"No. You've clearly lost it. You finally cracked, I'm not going train some random kid you picked off the street to be Dick's replacement. I won't do it." Grace argued trying not to explode.

"Grace I need you to do this. Gotham needs Robin." Bruce told her trying to be convincing.

"If Gotham needs a robin that bad, train him yourself," Grace said before turning around and leaving. Both Jason and Bruce just watched her leave. 

"Okay, so what just happen?" Jason asked.

"I told her I wanted her to train you to be the next robin-" 

"I get to be the next Robin?!" Jason asked cutting off Bruce. Practically jumping up and down with excitement. 

"If you let me finish, yes I want you to be the new Robin, but she refuses to train you," Bruce said with a sigh.

"Okay, but why can't you just train me?" Jason asked while walking around the Batcave. 

"I don't have the time," Bruce told him as he watch Jason look at everything with amazement. Watching Jason reminded Bruce of the first time grace was in the Batcave they both had the same look of astonishment on their faces. "Now go upstairs and Alfred should have your room ready for you."  With a nod, Jason left to go to his new room.

******

Grace had snuck out after she thought Bruce had fallen asleep.  During her own patrol, Gace had taken down 3 different muggings and one drug dealing. Of course, during this, she had taken some hits, that landed her with a black eye and a cut lip, along with some bruising on her back. As she was sneaking back into the Batcave to change out of her suit she noticed someone sitting in the chair by the computers. She thought it was Jason exploring at first but once she got closer she realized it was Bruce. 

"I was wondering when you would be back," Bruce said getting up off the chair and walking towards Grace. 

"What are you doing up?"  Grace asked trying to walk past him. 

In response, Bruce stuck his arm out stopping the girl. "I had Alfred go check on you and you weren't in your room so we check down here. And to my surprise, you and your suit were gone so I check your tracker." Grace just rolled her eyes. Neither of them realized Jason had come down and was now eavesdropping. Bruce put his hand out and said, "I want your  suit back."  

"What- No Bruce come on you can't do that." Grace protested

"Yes, I can it's my money that made this suit. If you can't follow simple rules you can't be Phobia anymore. I understand you are upset over Dick but that doesn't give you the reason to act carelessly." 

"Bruce Please-" Grace tried to cut in before Bruce stopped her.

"If you want to be careless and risk your life go ahead but I won't let you do that while wearing this suit. Now go get changed and give me the suit," Bruce told her.

"Bruce please you can't take this away from me. I'm nothing without this." Grace said trying thankful that her mask was still on or Bruce would see the tears forming in her eyes.

"If your nothing without it, I should have never given it to you," Bruce told her getting annoyed at the girl's protest. While this was happing Jason was listening to everything, he wouldn't admit it but he felt bad for her.

"Please-" She started.

"I will not ask you again! Take off the damn suit!" Bruce shouted this time. Wich caused Grace to flinch and take a step back as she was starting to get scared. 

"Fine," was all she said before going into the changing area. Once she was done she gave the suit back to Bruce. Without saying anything Bruce took the suit and put it back in its case and locked the case. Grace watched as she saw bruce lock the case.

"Now I am the only one with the ability to open the case." He told Grace while walking up to her. He noticed she was wearing one of Dick's old band t-shirts. Grace rolled her eyes and started to leave. "Hold on," Bruce said. 

"What you want my powers too?" Grace asked annoyed and just wanted to lay down.

"No, but I wanted to let you know I made an appointment for you to see someone." 

"Are you seriously telling me you're sending me to a shrink?" She asked in disbelief. 

"Yes her name is Leslie Thompkins, she has helped me before and I was hoping she could help you." 

"No fucking way Bruce." Grace said pissed off. She turned to leave until Bruce spoke up and told her.

"If you don't you will never be Phobia again." This made Grace stop dead in her tracks. 

"When?" She asked not facing him.

"Tomorrow."  That was the last thing said before Grace went upstairs to her room. 

Once she got to her room she slammed the door and out of anger she picked up a glass cup on her nightstand and threw it at the wall. She watched the glass break into a million pieces. After a couple of seconds, she finally realized how tired she actually was and fell onto her bed and quickly fell asleep. 

AN: I'm kinda happy with how this chapter turned out. I promise you guys will get more Grace and Jason soon.