Chapter 9 (Year 3)

Start from the beginning

"The dark lord vanished! The Potter boy, he survived the death curse." Someone else yelled. He recognized Bellatrix as the first voice, so he thought the second one must be Lucius Malfoy's.

"You're telling me a one-year-old boy defeated the dark lord?" Bellatrix asked as Peter tried to stand up. He struggled but managed to limp to the bars of his cell.

James had a son? He killed Voldemort?

Peter thought he was trapped here for too long; he wanted to scream; he wanted to rip apart his captors, and he wanted to know why his friends never realized it wasn't him. They were best friends, weren't they?

"My lord is alive! I know he is! I'll find him!" Bellatrix shouted,

"Where do you think you'll find him? He is gone!" Lucius shouted. There was a loud bang, and something smashed into a bunch of tiny pieces.

"No! He is not! I will find him! I will come back to him!"

"Don't you mean we Bella?" Her husband asked,

"Of course! But for now, we have to get information." There was silence for a couple of seconds before Bellatrix shouted.

"The Longbottoms! They must know!"

"You think so?" Rodolphus Lestrange asked. Bellatrix must have nodded, because there were two loud cracks, and they both disappeared.

"Narcissa, take Draco and go to your mother's house. I'll meet you there, after I handle some things here." Lucius told Narcissa.

"What about Pettigrew?" She asked,

"He can stay here until we come back. I'll have the house-elves bring him food. We have to leave." Lucius said. Peter waited half an hour until a house-elf came.

"Please, help me." He whispered weakly, lifting up the chains.

"Dobby can't help sir, he is bound to the house of Malfoy." The house-elf whispered as he put the tray of food down.

"Please, Dobby! Please. I need to get out. If they come back and I'm still here, they will kill me." Peter begged. He grabbed onto the house-elf's, not letting him leave. Dobby looked behind him, struggling to say anything. Dobby had watched them hurt this man for almost two years now, and this was his only chance.

"Dobby, I'll die! Please, no one will know it was you! I will make sure they never know!" Peter said. He was crying into Dobby's shirt now, shaking him.

"Okay, okay, Mr. Pettigrew, I will help you. But- "Dobby suddenly threw himself against the wall.

"Dobby's going to have to be punished so bad for this."

"Thank you! Dobby! Thank you!" Peter shouted, as Dobby snapped his fingers and the chains unlocked. Peter was shaking as he stood up, finally free.

"Can you walk sir?" Dobby asked,

"I won't risk you anymore, Dobby, thank you." Peter said, as he limped to the door. It was left unlocked.

---

Adrenaline pumped in Peter's veins. He was finally free. He could go back to his friends and tell them what happened, that he never betrayed them, and he was back!

"Sirius Black arrested for blowing up a street. Reports say- "Peter stopped in his tracks. He had been walking down a muggle street when he saw Sirius's picture on the TV.

"Reports say he was fighting with a man named Peter Pettigrew, when all of a sudden the street had blown up." Peter's picture was shown as the women spoke, along with a video of the blown-up street.

"Excuse me sir, you need to come with me." A man said, putting a hand on Peter's shoulder.

"That's not me, you-you have to believe me, that's not me! I didn't do it!" Peter told the man, as he took out a wand.

"Please! You have to believe me! That's not me! I'm the real Peter Pettigrew! Me! Not that man! That's Dolohov!" Peter explained, but the man did not listen, as he grabbed onto him and apparated away.

*Flashback Ends*

"So, they took you away after that?" Charlotte asked. It was getting dark now, but she didn't care.

"Yeah, Sirius was set free, and I was put in Azkaban, without trial, since Sirius' story made sense." Peter said, as he pulled large pieces of grass out of the ground.

"And the last time you saw Lily, James, and the rest was?"

"Fourteen years ago, before I was kidnapped. They never came and saw me at Azkaban." Peter said, his eyes filled with tears, but he blinked them away just as quick.

"How did you find out about me and Harry?"

"I found out the night Voldemort died."

"Why did you escape Azkaban? What's left out there for you?" Charlotte asked,

"I don't know. I just had a feeling. I never wanted to before, but it was different this year."

"Why didn't you go out before? Why are you here! You could have explained to them!" Charlotte asked,

"It's the only place I remember being happy, and I thought maybe that you could help me, you or Harry. That you two could somehow convince your parents to talk to me. Please Charlotte! I want my friends back." Peter said, signing.

"How did they find out where the order meetings took place?" Charlotte asked, and Peter signed.

"They used the Imperio curse and forced it out of me when torturing wasn't working." Peter laughed bitterly. 

"You don't want revenge or anything? Two years is long. How could they not notice?" I asked. Peter laughed, shaking his head.

"I don't care. They are my friends, even if they don't know they are. Charlotte, the times of war, was hard. You weren't there. You didn't understand what we had to go through. Everyone changed. I didn't even recognize my friends anymore either, but I knew they were still my friends. The death eaters brain washed them; they could have never known it was me."

"You think so?" Charlotte asked,

"I know so. They would never have thought it was me otherwise." Peter said. He looked so determined Charlotte didn't want to risk hurting his feelings more.

"Okay, Peter. I believe you." Peter grinned, a real one this time, that made his entire face look years younger.

"I knew you would know I just need James and the rest of them, too. You'll help me, won't you?" Peter asked. Charlotte nodded.

"Of course, I will." Peter smiled as he looked up at the night sky.

"You better be going now. It's getting late, and you should get some rest."

"What about you? What are you going to do?" Charlotte asked. Peter waved a dismissive hand.

"Don't worry about me. I'm staying in the shrieking shack. There's a bed, and everything."

"I'll come and bring you food and try to visit." She said, standing up and grabbing Harry's bag.

"Goodnight, Wormtail." Peter laughed at the nickname.

"Goodnight, Charlotte."