When you found him

(L/N)-san, thank you for taking care of me!"

a little boy called out with spiky pink hair and brown eyes. Itadori Yuji, a 6 years old currently being taken care of by you at the coffee shop that was connected to your home.

"Thank you, (L/n)-san I'm sorry for all the troubles I may have caused you today."

His grandfather Itadori Wasuke had come and picked him up from your shop after leaving him at your care for his work. You were Yuji's mother figure. Taking care of him as his grandfather went to work. The kid's parents? Unknown.

Most of the time you would be taking care of Yuji at the comfort of your home and not at the coffee shop. Leaving him inside your home with toys and the television on to keep him amused with, you checking up on him from time to time while also looking after your coffee shop, you have faith in your workers but with how many people would enter your shop it's quite a handful.

Today, however, was a different day, Yuji wanted to stick with you at your coffee shop.

He wanted to 'hang out with you' and not with his toys, he wanted to help.

You had work as it was a weekday. Your schedule was that on weekdays it would be at 6:30am to 12:00am and weekends would either be a 6:30 to 12:00pm shift or a closed schedule as weekdays were already quite a hassle on their own, with a 30 minute prep time the moment it strikes 7:00 well, the line just goes on.

A break is always good for you and your co-workers. Due to not being an active cafe at weekends, a lot of people would come by just to get a taste of good caffeine, before you were gone on the weekend, and they would have to wait for 2 days just to get some of that good stuff. Good news is it was a Friday, bad news was that a lot of people would come in on this day.

"It's alright Wasuke-san, please call me by my first name. I'm practically this little one's mother figure, with how frequent I am with looking after him. All I really need at this point is his own words to call me his mom!"

"Haha! Yes I apologize, (y/n)-san. Thank you again for taking care of this rascal. I'm really glad you're alright with becoming his parent figure as I'm already reaching quite an age and with his parents not here to be with him"

"Wasuke-san Don't talk like that, Yuji needs you, you know?"

"Yes but we never know. It's nice to know Yuji would not be left alone in this world."

"Come on Yuji Let's go home say goodbye to (L/N)-san now."

"Okay, Grandpa. Bye-bye (L/n)-san! See you tomorrow!!"

You sighed after waving goodbye at the two, watching their backs as they walked away from your shop, towards their home.

"Hey (Y/n), how about you take a break for now? You've done a lot this whole day I'm sure I can handle the shop for a few moments." One of your workers spoke behind you. Nanami Kento, your friend and co-worker at the coffee shop.