ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

"We'll do it," Mauricio says next to me and I send him a slight glare.

Always going against my wishes.

"Reuben!" Mauricio yells and I watched as Reuben came running inside, "Can you go home and grab my guitar, please?" His brother nodded his head and went straight to his house to grab the guitar.

My dad called everyone in so we could all dance.

The boys helped my dad remove the table from the living room so we could have room. Mauricio and I stood by the stairs, Reuben didn't take long to bring the guitar so we were ready in a jiffy.

"What song should we sing?" I bent down connecting the mics to the speaker Vikki had set up next to me. I passed Mauricio a mic and he thanked him.

Everyone was waiting on us.

"Let's try something different today. Everyone here knows Spanish so we could do a Spanish language song. I've always wanted to try 'Colgando en tus manos'?" Mauricio suggested and I smiled at him, "That song is on our playlist. I love it. Let's do it."

"Okay, one...two...three."

He started to play his guitar, starting with the melody.

Quizá no fue coincidencia encontrarme contigo

Tal vez esto lo hizo el destino

Quiero dormirme de nuevo en tu pecho

I watched as our family and friends grabbed a partner, starting to sway to our singing.

My dad was dancing with Vikki, having Vikki take turns with him and Mark. Instructing, showing them the steps to the song. Josie was dancing with Elias and his little brother, not surprised there he probably had enough of her teasing. JT and Lilybeth danced together since Maddie was with Reuben. And lastly, Angelina and Sebastian are jumping around together.

I put my mic between us when it came to our joined voices. He put his mic down, next to his guitar.

Sabes que estoy colgando en tus manos

Hmm, así que no me dejes caer

Sabes que estoy colgando en tus manos

Mauricio gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before pulling away to sing his part.

Te envío poemas de mi puño y letra

My part came and I sang it vocally.

Te envío canciones de cuatro cuarenta

Mauricio removed his guitar from his chest and pulled me against him. We swayed together. Holding our mics up to our mouths.

Brown to green eyes.

Happiness fills my heart, having my family and friends here is perfect. Having Mauricio here makes everything even more perfect.

Que mi corazón está colgando en tus manos

We sang in sync, our voices becoming one.