It was a nightmare.

When she thinks so, laughter comes out.

Even that wasn't everything.

The reason why her father and brother are so cold to her is because she's their shame.

At first, I thought it was because I wasn't talented, and because I fell short of their expectations.

But, it isn't just that.

When her father first saw Iris, he was initially suspicious of her mother's fidelity. Iris was neither born with the colors of the Valentine family nor resembles any other family members.

Everyone tried not to show their thought as much as possible, but people's minds had a way to manifest in other ways.

She doesn't know what happened in the past.

In any case, her mother, who was weak after repeated miscarriages, was barely able to conceive Liliana.

The doctor said that it was an unreasonable birth, but her mother's will was vey strong.

Just like that, her mother forcibly gave birth to Liliana despite the doctor's pressure...

Then she died.

Because of how she was born, Liliana became a very precious daughter.

She has a lovely face that resembles their mother, with her blonde hair and Valentine's gray eyes.

'Lily should have been born, not you.'

If so, the Valentine Family would have been a happy one.

Unlike Iris who didn't inherit anything, Liliana proved her mother's nobility.

A lovely child who who makes everyone happy.

Of course, the more Liliana was loved, the more Iris, who was the cause, was shunned.

I can't believe that I'm in this family again.

Every day, moments like those are hell.

Iris lifts the Holy Sword and kisses it reverently as if she's praying.

However, I will hold on.

Her closed eyelids gradually open to bright blue sky.

The feelings of those times and the past could no longer confine Iris.

Because they're not worth it.

Now that she has recognized her worth, she has decided to focus her heart on someone who deserves her affection and dedication.

The scenery outside changes suddenly.

She opens the window and greets the wind.

Light purple hair fluttered in the passing wind, tickling her cheeks.

Finally, the Imperial Palace begins to appear in the distance.

The Imperial Palace Library is a place where citizens are partially allowed to visit.

Entering itself is not a problem.

However, the secret library that Iris is looking for, is the most difficult place to enter. It hides between the shelves and books. It's through an ornate hall that goes deeper inward and lacked lighting.

A corner entrance that is difficult for ordinary people to find.

I found it.

Two knights stand in front of the small entrance, which is blocked by black curtains. At first glance, they are highly skilled individuals.