"Wazzam,"He acknowledged me as soon as I got in.

"Hi,"I turned to him then gasped."Your nose is so red."

"Das' aight,"He shrugged,"Yung straight."

"Okaaay,"I put on my seatbelt as he backed out,"and you're a liar."

He looked at me with his eyebrows rose, then back at the road,"What story I tol'?"

"You said you'd be here in twenty minutes. This young man, was quicker than twenty minutes."

"Ain't no need ta be pointin' fingas na,"He shook his head,"at least I'm hea', be grateful."

I giggled,"I am grateful, thank you for chauffeuring me around today."

"Chauffeuring? Oh no indeed no,"He shook his head,"Aug ain't no damn taxi service. Think of it as me accompanyin' yo ass fa endless hours while you do stupid shit."

"I'm not doing stupid shit,"I frowned.

"Yea, whateva."He squinted his eyes at the road.

We drove in silence for a minute or two before I decided to cut his radio on. I can't stand being in a quiet car.

Charlie Wilson's You Are immediately filled the quiet truck.

"Butterflies, is what I feel, inside,"I sung swaying from side to side. I nudged August a bit,"come on, sing with me."

"Chill out,"He shook his head.

I kissed my teeth and continued on,"and every time is like, my first time,"

oo wee.
And I can't never find, the words to say.

"You da puur-fect girl, you was made fa mee."

I looked over at August in shock. He didn't look back so he must not know he's singing. But damn does he sound good.

"It's so easy to loove, you baby."

He nodded his head along to the beat,"We compatible, incredible and natural we arrre. And girl I never felt this way befooo'."

"From the bottom of my heart."

"Baybeh girl I jus wanna tell ya that you aaare."

"The reason I love."

"Da reason I truus'."

"God sent me an angel you are,"I quietly laughed looking at Aug,"You are the best in the world."

"A wondaful giiirl."He threw his head back."Knowin' you by ma' side,"

"Brings tears to my eyes,"I finished off turning the radio back down.

I positioned myself in the seat to where I was looking directly at the side of his face. He kept his eyes on the road, stroking at his small chin hairs in silence. I rose my eyebrows grinning at him, and as he switched lanes he sighed deeply.

"Man what da' fuck you starin at?"He chuckled glancing between me and the road.

I smiled,"You!Why didn't you tell me you could sing?"

"What is you-"

"Don't play like you don't know what I'm sayin boy,"I pushed his shoulder,"why didn't you tell me you can sing? You have a nice voice."

"Ion know what'chu speakin on love,"He shook his head,"aye whea' da fuck I'm goin?"

"Pull up over there,"I pointed to the lot.