Chapitre 1 : Greece where everything started...

Hi I'm Marie, a French preppy girl. I'm writing this, on christmas day, in the plane, with tears all over my cheeks because I'm in love with a Spanish boy. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation. So let me explain how all of this happened.

First of all, we have to go back to October, when I first heard of the Erasmus project with school that could allow me to go to Greece for a week. I immediately sent my motivation letter.

Two weeks later, I was accepted. It's definitive my leaving the 7th of November to Plomari in Lesbos. I'm so happy, it's an opportunity to meet new people. I'm going to Greece for one week. It has become official. It feels unreal.

On the 7th of November, in the Airport of Geneva with Lou, Salma, Meije and two of my teachers, with our plane tickets, our bags, our swimsuits and sunglasses, we are waiting in front of the boarding gate and going on vacation. It's not exactly a vacation, we still are going for school but it doesn't really matter to me. It's a vacation with the sun and new friends.

Later in the evening we arrived in Plomari. We met four Slovenians girls. They look really nice. I'm so excited to learn more about them.

I'm meeting for the first time my host, a thirteen years old Greek girl. She's really nice, as well as her family even though communication is kind of hard because English and French aren't easy for them.

But when I unpacked my things, I had an anxiety attack. Why ? I don't really know. I guess it was a mix of excitement, stress, happiness, sadness : a lot to deal with. And small detail, I was on my period and my belly was hurting really bad that probably didn't help.

However, it's not that big of a deal. A good night of sleep and hop! my smile is right back on my face.

So here I am, November 8th, in Greece, wearing a really cute outfit, and on my way to meet for the first time all of the Greek, Spanish and Slovenian people.

We went to the port to take some group pictures. Everything was so beautiful over there. Everyone looks so nice. There were a lot of girls, a lot, but only one guy. He looked pretty good by the way. Even though he looked cute, he looked really funny, kind of stupid but funny. I remember telling my friend "Lou, you see that guy over there he looks really funny, we should be friends with him."
We did some bonding activities that helped us know each other a little bit more. It was really funny, it didn't take us a lot of time to start laughing all together. The entire day was really enjoyable. And we decided to go eat dinner outside. One of the Greek girls wanted to make us taste typical food. It was really good and so cheap we ate for only 3 euros, but that's not the point. So we ended up at the port, singing, dancing, laughing, it was such a good moment spent together.

On Tuesday we were going on a trip. Three hours of bus to get to a museum. I'm sitting alone behind my friends on the bus. And a guy, THE guy, came and asked me if he could sit next to me. Of course I said yes. At the beginning it was a little bit awkward because I didn't know what to talk about. But he started a conversation pretty fast. He asked a lot of questions about me, my life, my hobbies, my love life too. Oh yeah I didn't tell you this. At this point I wasn't single. I got with a guy a week before Greece. Let's get back to the bus trip. We talked a lot. I learned that his name was Mateo, a sixteen years old spanish guy. It was so interesting. I don't know why but that guy interested me way too much. The most important thing is that he's a therapist. He is passionate about everything related to wellbeing, mental health, and helping people. So he started giving me therapy. In only three hours he had completely blown up my mind. He knew more things about me than myself. It was really fun, serious and hard but fun. I had a great time.

Three hours later, we arrived at the petrified forest museums. How to say this correctly, it was boring as fuck. But we all laughed about it. I became pretty close to the Spanish (Angela, Africa, and Mateo) . They are so open-minded, I really love spending time with them. The whole day was good.