Assignment Romance (Drarry)

Start from the beginning

He was interrupted from his thoughts when Harry's chest started heaving, his breathing becoming quick and unsteady. His eyes tightened and a thin layer of sweat began to cover his forehead. It was obvious he was having a nightmare and a hell of one at that. A moment later he gasped and shot straight up. "Potter, you're okay, it's just me." Draco said, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving it a comforting squeeze. "Malfoy?" Harry asked, voice shaky.

It made something in his chest ache to hear him sound so broken. But he ignored it and focused on Harry. "Yeah, it's me. Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked, unsure of what to say, really. "It was just a nightmare, I've been having them for a while so it's nothing new." Harry said, like it was the most normal thing in the world. Draco raised an eyebrow at him. "It was about Voldemort. And Peter Pettigrew. It's almost like they're memories that aren't mine. I don't know if I'm just stressed about the tournament or if I'm just plain losing it." He said, sighing in relief at being able to speak his mind. Harry shuddered and Draco immediately unzipped his dark green hoodie and set it over his shoulders. "If it's any consolation, I don't think you're losing it." He said quietly. Harry turned to meet his eyes and gave him a half smile. 

Absent-mindedly, Draco started running his fingers through Harry's hair at the nape of his neck, effectively calming him from his nightmare. Soon, Harry became tired again and fell asleep, head resting on Draco's shoulder. And a little while later, Draco was asleep too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he woke, Harry was gone. He went to the great hall for breakfast and noticed he wasn't there and set out to get his broom to fly up to the Gryffindor windows, ignoring the looks he got from his fellow Slytherins. Draco knocked on what he hoped was the correct window and waited until Harry came and opened it up. He was wearing a pair of dark red sweats and his dark green hoodie from last night that was way too big on him. The sleeves came way past his fingertips and the hem came mid-thigh. His hair was also ruffled up. It was quite a charming image, in Draco's opinion. 

Harry reached over for his glasses and slipped them on before pulling Draco inside the dorm. "What are you doing here?" He asked quietly. "I just wanted to check on you, make sure you were taking care of yourself after last night." He said, pushing a strand of his raven-black hair out of the way of his eyes and scar. Harry smiled softly. "I'm doing okay. I just freaked out a little this morning. Sorry." He said, looking down. "Hey, it's okay, Harry." Draco reassured, grabbing his sleeved hand. Harry looked up into his eyes and Draco suddenly felt his stomach flip. It was strange but not unwelcome. He had a surge of confidence. "Can I kiss you?" He asked, wanting to get permission. He wasn't going to fuck this up. 

Harry's eyes widened in surprise, but he nodded. Draco tilted Harry's chin up before leaning down to capture his lips in a tender kiss. Harry was paralyzed for a moment before moving his hands to his shoulders and returning the kiss. Draco slid his other arm around Harry's slender waist, pulling him closer. They parted for air and Draco rested his forehead against Harry's, nudging his nose into the others. Harry laughed and Draco followed. "I never realized how short you were until right now." Draco whispered and Harry leaned away trying to push on Draco's chest, glaring lightly. Draco just tightened his arms around his waist and chuckled. "I'm surprised you never used my height as an insult before. Also, I'm not that short." He said exasperatedly, pouting. "You, Potter, are just too adorable." He winked, going back in to kiss him again. It was just a peck this time, but it still brought a flush to Harry's face. "Also, you look nice in Slytherin colors." He whispered, making Harry's cheeks turn to an even brighter blush.

"Thanks." He said, as he buried his face into his chest. They stayed there in the embrace for a few minutes before they pulled away. Draco as he stared into his eyes for a while and then spoke. "I really like you, Harry. And I am truly sorry for what I've done in the past." He said sincerely. "Well, you're in luck cause I seem to really like you too. And I forgive you." Harry said, smiling one of his real and bright smiles. Draco leaned forward and kissed his lips once again, this time, sliding his tongue over them and nibbling on his bottom lip. Harry moaned at the new sensation and opened his mouth, letting Draco take full control. His tongue moved forward, exploring every inch of Harry's mouth. 

He moved his hands down to Harry's thighs and lifted them easily so that they were wrapped around his waist, ankles hooked at his back. Draco brought him over to his bed and set him down, crawling on top of him, barely breaking the kiss. Draco moved from his lips down his jaw basking in the sound of Harry's sweet moans. His voice was really nice. Draco hit the spot where the edge of his jaw meets his neck and Harry lets out a high pitch mewl. He continues to work his way down his neck, kissing and sucking lightly, wanting to leave a mark and claim him but not wanting to let everyone in on their secret just yet. It really was a dilemma. Harry pushes him off, reluctantly. "You have to go, they'll be back any minute." He said, panting. "Fine... but one more." Draco stole another kiss before getting up and grabbing his broom. He made his way over to the window and saluted before climbing out. "Bye, love." Harry laughed and closed the window behind him. Behind him, he heard a book slam on the floor. "What in the bloody hell was that?"