1

"Ah, another chapter is done. I hope the neighbors didn't hear this one" My eyes shifted to the ceiling but didn't think much else about it since I didn't know them well and besides those applejacks were always being loud. "Might as well make lunch for work tomorrow" My kitchen was a few steps away although after staring at the kitchen sink, I realized all my dishes were still dirty. "Damn. I don't want to do them either" There was work in the morning and I didn't want to go hungry so before I could remain seated, I made my way over.

Every dish in the house was probably dirty however I just rolled up my sleeves before getting to work on the ones I knew I'd need. Mainly the pot and a few plastic containers of which some had mold growing in them since I was too lazy to rinse them out after my last shift. I needed to get better at that but since I worked twelve-hour shifts, I often just left my bags at the door. With my needed dishes washed I headed over to the calendar to just how many meals I needed to last me.

"Let's see what day is it?" I hardly remembered the day of the week anymore but I soon found the week but surprisingly it was listed as my vacation time. "Oh, right. I forgot I booked some time off" My mind was starting to wander although since I wanted to double-check on this vacation, I pulled up my scheduling app before confirming I did in fact have two weeks off. Most people wanted summer vacations but my ideal vacation was in the winter and thanks to that I got every single one of my requested day-offs. "This is only going to make me ten times lazier. Hehehehe. Oh well I'll just write the entire time and think about getting my chores done"

It's getting on the late side so I might as well head to bed and do so thinking about my fics. "The rest of the dishes will have to wait until tomorrow" I had been sitting all day and didn't have time to shower this morning since the landlord was fixing the hot water tank so that was going to be my first stop before bed. However, I did make my way into the bedroom to set out my pajamas and make sure I had some clean underwear. I should have still had a few pairs but since the washer was expensive in the apartment building, I always used my best friends. Although I hadn't taken them over due to the bad weather and differences in our work schedules.

The pajamas I had on needed to be changed so as I looked over the options, I decided on a fluffy pair of pants with a simple t-shirt to go with it. I never bought pajama tops and the ones I did have were from sets that just didn't fit right. The bottoms would always be fine but the top just needed to be a size large depending on the brand. Costco made so good ones those and they were they were on the expensive side for my cheap ass I did buy a couple here and there. With my pajamas set out, I turned to my tote to find a pair of underwear although I didn't see a pair, I wanted to wear.

"Where'd my laundry basket go? Oh, fuck stop talking to yourself girl the neighbors are going to think you're crazy... Actually, I don't care" My eyes again looked to the ceiling but for whatever reason flipped it off before heading back to the living room. Thankfully I found the basket and cursed at the mere sight of it. I hated folding laundry so seeing it overflowing like that wasn't a surprise but it meant I'd need to dump it out if I couldn't find the item sitting right on top. Just luck was on my side tonight as I couldn't find anything. "I need to hire a maid... or find a husband"

The husband thing was out of the question so I started to drag my bag back to the bedroom. I stumped my toe on the way back but ignored it just I was just an accident-prone bitch and this happened daily. Surprisingly I hadn't broken anything as of yet although that could quickly change if I keep jinxing myself. During my trip back to my bedroom I briefly stopped to turn on the water of the shower to make sure it was hot.

I was the type that would rather have super hot water than lukewarm but due to the crappiness of this apartment, the water would not have an in-between. Even if I turned the knob towards the cold, it wouldn't give me the desired temperature. So, even though it probably wasn't the best I managed with having hot showers even in the summer. People would probably call me crazy but I didn't care since it was what made me happy. Now, getting back on the task I finally reached the bedroom and started to dump the basket to look for my underwear. "There you are" Setting them with my pajamas I slid the rest of the clothing back into the basket before pushing it against the wall.