Once I had my hair done, I left the bathroom.

"Your turn," I told Jade.

"Thanks."

I still had an hour to do my makeup and get dressed, but not wanting to be reprimanded by Jade again, I started right on my makeup. My skin was pretty decent, so I only ever used powder foundation. Rihanna's fenty beauty line was a godsend. For the first time, I was able to find a shade that actually matched my skin tone without having to mix or deal with something that was going to be too light or too dark. Shade 350 was perfect for me. A fine layer of blush, contour and highlighter later, I started working on my eye makeup. I had pretty full brows already, so all I did was use a wax styler to hold them in their natural, full shape. I blended a few shades of eyeshadow on my eyes and added an eyeliner before finally painting my lips in the uncensored red, which was my absolute favorite.

Jade was already done with her shower, her hair not needing to be washed. It looked like she'd run the straightener through it again when she walked back into my room.

"Holy smokin' hot stuff," she said to me. "Seriously, if Mikey doesn't notice you tonight, I'm going to start thinking he might be gay."

"God, I hope not," I said. "I mean good for all the men, but at least if he's straight I have some type of chance."

She laughed at me.

"Who's your sister-in-law bringing for me?" She asked.

"I didn't ask."

"Rude," she huffed.

Sitting on my bed, she did her own makeup.

"And you call me smoking hot," I said.

She shrugged. "I'll do."

"And whatever hockey player shows up will probably do you too."

"God, I hope so. It's been too damn long."

"I wouldn't know."

"I can't believe you're still holding out for Mikey after all these years."

"I'm not holding out. I just haven't found anyone who peaks my interest like he does."

"Get dressed," she said as she was walking out of my room.

Walking to my closet, I grabbed the white dress I'd bought for tonight and hung it on the back of my now closed door.

It was pretty modest, except for how short it was. It had a high scoop neck, long puffy sleeves and a slight dip in the back that stopped between my shoulder blades. But it was so short that if I bent over, I'd flash everyone my panties. I'd never usually wear something this daring, but you only turn twenty-one once. It was lace and sparkly at the same time and made me feel like a princess like Michael always called me.

Slipping my feet into the broken in pumps, I grabbed my black Louis Vuitton clutch Reggie had gifted me for my eighteenth birthday, tucked my phone, credit card, and lipstick into it before stepping out of my room. "I'm ready!" I called.

"Me too," Jade said, walking out of her room. Her dress was sleeveless and black. It was a good bit longer than mine, but had a slit up to nearly her hip. It cinched her waist, and she looked gorgeous.

"Let's turn you twenty-one right," she said and linked her arm through mine. I ordered a car as we walked up the stairs out of our basement apartment.

~~~~~

Jade and I were the last to arrive, even though we were still five minutes early to our reservation. "My baby," my mom gushed. "You look incredible. So grown up." She was already getting a little teary-eyed.