Chapter 4 - Blue Jeans, White Shirt, Black Leather Jacket

Start from the beginning

“Is there…anything else I can get you?” the young waitress asked with a wishful smile that made me turn my head and cough.

“No, thankyou.” He smiled and looked back to me as she walked away. “Calm down…” he murmured, the soft tone making the lilt in his Irish accent all the sweeter. “You look like you’re on death row!”

I groaned. “Argh! I know… I’m sorry…”

“That male fan of yours from before flustered you that much?” Cillian asked with concern.

“No more than usual…” I admitted. “But fewer people know me over here… so when someone that intense walks up to me… it’s like my brain falls out of my head…” I looked over towards where the waitress was glancing back at Cillian. “She quite obviously fancies you…”

“She’s not the one I’m vying for the attention of.” Cillian’s gentle voice and the feeling of his hand laying over mine on the table snapped my attention back to him.

I took a shaky breath, hoping to steady myself. “That’s…” I swallowed when he raised my hand and pressed a kiss to the fleshy part of my fingers below my knuckles. “A rather old fashioned notion…”

“What can I say?” He smirked and grazed his lower lip across the area he’d just kissed. “I’m an old fashioned kind of guy.”

I felt my cheeks heat and gently took my hand back. “It would seem you area trying to make me blush…”

He chuckled. “So it would seem…” he leant forward and grinned wickedly at me across the table. “Is it working?”

“You tell me…” I bit my lip as the words left me, my cheeks darkening a shade when I saw him notice my blush worsen.

“I do believe…” He smirked wickedly. “I could get anything out of you right now…”

“I’m not secretive…” I breathed, leaning back to put some space between us, and shrugged. “You have but to ask-”

“Did you really date that wannabe rocker kid?” Cillian smirked.

“Who? Logan?” I frowned, taken aback by his forwardness.

“Yes, and I will clarify by saying that, when I say ‘date’ I meant ‘slept with’.” He shrugged when I gave him a baffled look. “I want to know what I’m getting myself into.” My jaw dropped but it wasn’t until he winked at me that I realised he’d been joking. “Kidding.” I breathed a sigh of relief and chuckled with him. “In all seriousness… did you date him?”

“God no!” I laughed. “Far too prissy for my liking… and his voice was lacking.” I smiled and shrugged. “I don’t really date… only been on two in my life.”

“Two?!” Cillian’s jaw dropped.

“I was rather young when the band was picked up… and, being the youngest, everyone was looking out for me.” I added in explanation. “But I was never interested in boys.”

He let out an amused huff of air. “Oh?”

“No,” my smile turned devilish for a second. “I much prefer men… they actually know what they’re doing!”

“How’d you mean?” Cillian smirked.

“Well, guys my age would say ‘let’s go to a movie’ and call it a date… whereas you took me to dinner.” I began innocently, then threw my hands up in fake horror. “And don’t even get me started on the comparisons in ‘moving things to the bedroom’!”

Cillian laughed. “Fair enough…” he quirked an eyebrow. “Wait…who’s better?”

I winked as the waitress started making her way back over. “You are.”