Chapter 4: Alister's Party Panic

Start from the beginning

"What exactly do you mean by that?" I ask raising my sword once again.

"He volunteered to go to Vernal to negotiate peace," Dimitri says stiffly.

"Why on earth would he do that?" I ask confused.

"I don't have a clue. Probably pride. The man is full of it," Dimitri says blocking my sword effortlessly.

"I don't know how to dance!"  I say panicking.

"Seriously? You're the next in line and you're worried about dancing? You've been trained to dance since you could walk I'm sure," He says rolling his eyes. 

"Bold of you assume that I actually went to the dance lessons!" I say shaking my head.

"Sucks to be you I suppose," he says shrugging and putting up his weapon.

"You have to help me! I need to learn how to dance before the ceremony!" I beg.

"No, nope no way man. I don't have time to teach you how to dance, nor the patience," Dimitri says shaking his head. I grab his shoulders and give him a sly grin.

"I order you to teach me how to dance!" I say.

"Are you using your power of being a prince over me right now?" 

"Yes I am, it's an order!"

"You're an asshole and you know it," Dimitri says throwing his armour down on the ground grumbling.

"So you're gonna help me?" I ask with pleading.

"I cannot defy a direct order," he says gesturing for me to leave my armour and put my sword away.

"You're so sweet," I say as he steps closer to me.

"Put your hands on my waist you'll be the lead," he says grumbling.

"So you're gonna be the girl?" I asked cocking an eyebrow at him. 

"No, you're just going to be the lead and I will follow there isn't a gender assigned to one part of the dance," He says a deep blush going on his face. I roll my eyes, sounds like something a romantic interest in this stupid game would say. 

"It's a simple six-step dance," he says. I nod trying my best to pay attention. 

"Of course, six steps sounds easy enough," I nod.

"The first step is a step toward me with your left foot," he doesn't instruct he more so orders. I move forward with my left foot and it's clunky and not smooth at all. I was hoping for the body to remember how to dance but I guess not.

"Wow, you really did skip your dance classes, huh? I can tell you suck already," Dimitri said shaking his head. "Now move right." he walks me through the waltz and I am not at all very good at dancing. 

After the 3rd attempt of dry dogging this with no music only the count of Dimitri's time, Dimitri pulled away from me. 

"Okay that's enough, I can't do this anymore! Take a rest, we'll pick this up again tomorrow after sword practice, you are dreadful at this!" he barks.

"And you aren't a very good teacher, either!" I shout at him. He huffs annoyed and gathers his things leaving. 

"Am I really that bad at this?" I ask looking at Dimitri's back.

"Yes," he says without looking back at me. 

"Asshole," I whisper under my breath and head back into the locker room and shower. Who knew dancing with Dimitri would work up this much sweat. 

I slink back to my room and flop on my bed. I decide it's too big and lay on the couch instead. I just start to fall asleep when a knock echos through the room. I groan as I sit up and tell them to come inside.