(Y/N) was sure she looked like a deer in headlights, stumbling over her feet like Bambi and struggling to find her head through the butterflies cocooned in her tummy. "Okay, okay, I will. Love you, bye!"

Ny reciprocated her sendoff before shutting the door in her face. (Y/N) was left standing in the hallway like a potted plant, more scatter-brained than she would like to be before going on a date she'd been waiting for. She worked on something like autopilot as she rushed towards the elevator, typing out a shaky text to Harry that she was on her way down. The few silent moments in the elevator made her realize just how off balance she was.

She'd been waiting for this date all week since he proposed it—and even before then, if she was being honest. She thought she'd be ready, especially with the way she'd been so eager to put the details of her outfit together and had Naomi act as her right hand when it came to getting ready. She hadn't even asked for details about the date, what movie they would see or where he wanted to take her to dinner before she agreed, eager to do really anything with him. But, it was a good thing she was this nervous right? That meant it was real—her feelings for him were real and not just a fleeting infatuation with one of the smartest people she'd ever met.

By the time she made it out to where he was parked against the curb in front of the complex, (Y/N) received a text from Harry telling her there was no rush with a smiley face tacked on the end. When she looked up without a response, she found him with his face buried in his phone, the illuminated screen lighting his features up through the tint of his windows. She could see his features fixed into a smile, dimples denting his cheeks with the raspberry of his lips in a dreamy curl.

He still hadn't seen her yet by the time he dropped his phone and started fussing with his hair and straightening inconspicuous wrinkles in his clothes. (Y/N) took advantage of her momentary stealth as she stalked towards his window, a sly plan coming together before she could feel too bad about the results. A tint of guilt followed after her as she tip-toed to his car, thankful for the first time for the lack of street lamps illuminating the complex's parking lot.

Tapping on his window, Harry started with a jump before whipping his head in her direction with wide eyes fixed on her devious expression. She could hear the intake of breath through the glass, his hands immediately coming up to defend himself over whatever enemy he perceived her to be. Once he processed it was only his date for the night, his shoulders sagged in relief with his hands falling to his lap. As expected, an embarrassed flush worked its way over his features and even tinted the tips of his ears. (Y/N) couldn't help the bright smile that covered her features as peals of laughter left her lips. A moment later Harry's expression began to match her own, the beginnings of a smile touching at his lips though she was sure his heart was still racing with leftover adrenaline.

Rounding the bonnet of his car, she made it to the passenger side before slipping in beside him. "I got you!" she exclaimed through her giggles as she buckled up, pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

"You're so mean," Harry countered, his expression less than serious with dimples denting his cheeks and a light in the green of his eyes, "I can't believe 'm taking y'out tonight, and y'still scare me like that. 'S rude, you know that?"

"It was funny!" she laughed, playfully rolling her eyes at his faux attitude, "I'll let you get me next time, is that fair?"

Harry grumbled something under his breath she couldn't quite catch as he pulled away from the curb, starting them off in the direction of the movie theater. Though the space between them was now quiet, (Y/N) couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She was more than pleased with her greeting, the act having scrubbed away the harsh edge of her nerves and leaving something soft and familiar in its place. She relaxed into her seat, finally catching the Mac Miller song playing through the speakers, the same one that she had exclaimed was one of her favorites the last time she got a look into his music taste.