He figured it was nothing more than a text from Mitch as Harry reached for his phone, but no matter what he was going to take advantage of the distraction. When the screen finally lit up with the grey bars detailing the notifications waiting for him, he stopped with his thumb hovering over the unexpected box.

It was from his cam-site.

Normally, that wouldn't faze him, but this was different. It was a private message from sunflowerssweetheart.

He knew the last time they had talked, he had told her that his direct messages were always open and to reach out whenever, but it'd been weeks since. She hadn't reached out to him at all, and in that moment Harry was worried something was wrong (he wasn't sure why he would be on the list of people to reach out to in case of emergency, but he wasn't going to question it). The preview of the message was hidden in favor of revealing only that there was One (1) New Message from SunflowersSweetheart! waiting for him.

Swiping it open, he was brought to his main inbox. At the top of the screen was the new thread with a green dot beside the username. The beginning of the message was revealed with only a glimpse of the large-eyed pouting emoji. He hesitated with his thumb hovering over the chat for a moment, unused to the rush fluttering through his system at the sight of a viewer's message. Before he could overthink it, Harry tapped on the text.

sunflowerssweetheart: thinking of u daddy

Oh.

Oh.

He practically froze in his spot when he read over the honorific keyed at the end of her message. His eyes were no doubt the size of half his face with cheeks flaming red. Never would he have thought this was the kind of message he would receive in the middle of molecular biology.

But, this was his sweetheart.

He couldn't lie, she was one of the users he'd become attached to through his streams. She was so sweet and responsive to everything he said, even if it wasn't inherently sexual. He looked forward to those comments, and noticed when that username didn't pop up during his shows. He couldn't leave her hanging.

treatpeoplewkisses: yeah? what were you thinking about sweetheart?

After locking his phone and placing it facedown on the desktop, Harry became hyper aware of the fact he was still sitting in a lecture hall with his classmates all around him. Though he was feigning confidence in the message, the beat of his heart was almost strong enough to completely throw him off balance. Even with the sound of his professor droning on at the front of the room, he was eager for a response to come through. He didn't bother with adding to his notes anymore, the page in front of him left half blank despite the useful information he was sure was being projected ahead of him.

By the time his phone vibrated against his desk, Harry's hands were sweaty with his restless feet shuffling against the linoleum. He reached for the device in a rush, already feeling his stomach jump at the thought of what the next message may contain.

sunflowerssweetheart: i know u said to come to u if I needed anything and I was just thinking about u today and... i need u

Fuck.

At least he was sat in the back so no one could look over his shoulder and peek at what was going on.

He swallowed thickly as he typed out his response, tucking his phone into his open textbook.

treatpeoplewkisses: what got you thinking about me, love? what made you need me

Keeping the device unlocked and the thread opened, Harry used his restless hands and picked at the corner of his pristine notebook, dog-earing the page over and over until a series of creases marred the material. As soon as another message came through, his attention was centered squarely on the screen.