Chapter 1: Antonios day!

Edited 2/1/23

Y/ns POV

"Wake up Mi Amor... it's almost 10 am and you haven't even gotten out of bed! You're going to miss Antonio's Gift Ceremony at this rate and I'm sure Camilo is already looking for you." I head my mom whisper as she placed a hand on my cheek while kissing my head.
I feel the weight of the bed shift and she gets up to open my blinds. A rush of bright light fills my room and the sound of the town thriving echoed in my ears.

I throw a pillow over my head and try to block out the noise.
"Five more minutes."

"Come on honey I made Chorizo and Eggs for you, but they will start to get cold if you don't hurry!!" My mom says leaving the room as the smell of breakfast interrupts my sleepy mind.
I shot up quickly putting on some slippers to avoid touching the cold pavement of my bedroom.

I took a moment to let my body fully wake up as I look over to see a beautiful (f/c) dress on the sheets of my messy bed. There was not doubt in my mind Mama must have sewn it for me to wear during the ceremony.
I was beautiful, it had personal embroidery on the bottom of it and the material was obviously high quality. The stitching was a little messy, sure, but it gave it character and was made with love.

I stretched the sleepiness out of me as I grabed the outfit and shuffled lazily to the bathroom to change and get fully ready.

By the time I got out and fully ready with my outfit Mama had already finished up cleaning the countertops.
I didn't bother to eat the breakfast she made despite her quiet complaints and side eye.

"You shouldn't go out without eating."

"Mama! I need to help out! I promise I'll eat something at the Madrigals home."
Rolling my eyes and ignoring the quiet remarks, I slipped on my shoes.

Before I could fully walk out of the door she stopped me to grab my face and place a bunch of kisses all over making me groan but happily accept the love.
I waved her goodbye as I begin walking through the neighborhoods heading to the town square. I noticed a small child began to pull on my dress while looking up at me and blowing raspberries.

I glared at the child before a smirk painted my face. I leaned down closer to their level and flicked the child on the forehead earning a whine and a nasty look.

"Good morning Camilo, normally you turn into an adult to meet me. Trying to switch it up?" I say laughing as he shapeshifted back to himself, rolling his eyes before pinching the side on my arm.

"Good morning to you too. I thought you'd never wake up." He sarcastically said before more people began filling the streets, drawing us both out of our heads. A beautiful morning full of laughter and happiness, Señora Pepa must be in a good mood.

Camilo motioned us to start walking around, greeting people and him shapeshifting to assist anyone in need. Camilo would constantly wave or send quick winks to girls who hid their smiles bashfully behind their hands which was a surprisingly common sight.

I'd be lying if I said Camilo wasn't attractive. He was extremely funny, kind to me and others, and a gentleman known for his helpfulness which made him a sought out suitor for girls our age. This was inevitable, the Madrigals were practically royalty and naturally he played the prince.

Only issue is he always flirting.
So much that it almost feels like a joke at times with me, so I just play along without thinking to much about it.