Pure Snow

In a society in a fantasy-like world, almost anything is possible. It's not really accepting of two different species being together though.

They were told they weren't allowed together.

A cat that represented the snow, and a snake that was known to represent being peaceful, and constantly compared to a waterfall.

It wasn't normal for such an unusual pairing to be together.

Honestly, that didn't stop them though.

If you'd hear about them from anyone else, they'd say the two were considered a bad influence, two teenagers being stupid, or even say they shouldn't be able to have the privilege of living in the civilization.

Two people who are said to be a disgrace for falling in love with each other, and that still isn't enough to break them apart. It takes a lot to break up a person's love.

Nobody can stop them though.

Afterall, they're capable of being able to live together without the need of a civilization to take them in and have them as residents.

Survival skills come in useful when you're forced to be a rogue to not be killed on the spot.

They know what would happen if they were found. They would be killed without mercy.

It is true though, but it's never been a problem.

.
.
.

"Nao?" Yuki ran to the entrance of the house that was in poor condition. They called their home for now.

"Yeah, I'm here Yuki, no need to worry," he closed the door behind him.

"Are you sure this location is safe? It's pretty close to the nearest town," Yuki was worried. That was him though, and being constantly scared for your safety puts you on high alert.

There are towns left and right, civilization was everywhere. There is no particular safe place to flee. To actually be in a safe area, it takes a lot of time and those who try sometimes don't succeed.

There are multiple people in the same situation, also hiding.

To think that this is a so-called problem is ludacris. They were all seemingly hybrids of different animals.

There was some history of different species being together. It's got to be accepted someday. Someday but not soon. That's the sad part, nobody understands.

"This is the farthest we'll get from any town, if I find anything better we can move," Kuguri said, and put some items he picked up while outside.

"What'd you get?" Shibayama asked, and leaned over.

"Not a lot sadly, daily hunters for the nearby town keep taking all the good stuff."

"That's going to be a problem, Nao."

"Got berries, want some?"

"You know I don't eat berries, neither do you."

"Yeah, just kidding. I somehow got some fish for you."

There showed no sign of anything for Kuguri, all that was shown was just the fish given to Yuki.

"What about you? I can share, you know you do most of the hunting. I should do the hunting one day!" Shibayama said, and started holding up the fish in Kuguri's face.

"My diet doesn't consist of fish, sorry so it's all yours."

"You need to eat as well, okay?"

"Again, not in my diet."