And that was not even half of it, but it wasn't like Sehun felt burdened by it. In fact, he found it pretty amusing to see his friend so full of life whenever she would talk about her baby- which was very often. The longing in her eyes, the wish to hold her baby was almost palpable to Sehun, and it made him feel just as excited for her. Not to mention the mood swings she would get in those situations- from having spurging urges to decorate her house and buy cute clothes for babies, to shrouding anxiety about the health of her child or the possibility to lose it and other incidents. The contrast was like the sweetness of her flurry and the stingy salt on her fries. Sehun had found it hard to handle her when she was in her most unstable moments, he could only imagine how exhausting it was for Soon-ok to switch emotions uncontrollably.

Soon-ok looked like she had just entered the gates of heaven once she had opened the take-out bag and begun placing her food on the coffee table. Sehun was sure that she had already forgotten about him sitting right next to her. Because dipping the French fries, topped with sea salt and black pepper into the cool desert was a way more interesting task than socializing with her friend who had gotten up from under the covers, changed from his pajama just to get her food at midnight.

He wasn't angry or bothered despite how he would act, though. It was always in playful sprite to his friend. Sehun was content with watching her eat happily, sighing in delight once the food combo hit her palate. Watching her carefree expression, he couldn't help but wonder whether she still dwelled on that Byun guy from her job? If she was still hurting because of him and what he had done to her. That day, Soon-ok had called him once again, barely being able to speak as she hiccupped on her words. He wasn't sure whether he had understood the situation correctly since she had been sobbing so profoundly, but he had never gotten the courage to ask her about it ever again. Afraid that it would trigger such despair again, and he really couldn't take seeing her cry like that again, much less because of a man that had treated her wrongly.

To her luck, nothing bad had happened to her work spot. Hence, Soon-ok had expressed how stupid she had been to be so secretive about it, perhaps she could have gotten the sustain she had needed. Her boss had been angry when she had visited his office, not because she was pregnant but because she hadn't said anything at all which for an instance is a must in terms and policy of her workplace. Chief Kim had wanted her to leave for maternity right away, and that had been exactly what she had done. Sehun sometimes wondered if the reaction towards her rival could have been avoided, then perhaps their blooming relationship would have by now, been something more, perhaps she wouldn't have been so miserable for weeks?

In the end, Soon-ok's boss hadn't fired her and nothing bad happened in her regards, so that could have been enough, no? Or maybe he was a simple-minded guy, forgetting that his friend had been extremely upset that he had told someone what she had begged him not to.

Sehun's lips twisted in deep thought, by now his gaze on her had zoned out on nothing specific, not realizing that the girl was eyeing him weirdly from her seat on the couch. A French fry hung hesitantly from her lips and a confused brow was cocked up.

"Why are you staring?" Soon-ok asked with mock defensiveness, looking him up and down. "You best believe I ain't sharing this food with you." She let him know, watching how his clouded eyes suddenly lit up again as he woke up from the trance. Sehun shook his head and flicked her forehead lightly.

"I wonder whose money it is," he scoffed and imitated her judging expression. The statement had made the woman waver the slightest, he could tell by the shifting emotions in her eyes and how her brows couldn't settle for an expression, that she was giving in to him.

Soon-ok let out a dramatic groan and fished out three fries to offer him. "FINE," she whined, only to glower at him angrily when he opened his mouth wide for her to feed him. Cursing under her breath, she pushed food grumpily in his mouth, almost making him choke. "Happy?" She snickered, "Now come on, my back has been killing me for days." Soon-ok turned to face him with her back, clapping herself on the shoulder and signalizing him to start massaging her.