Episode 12

(Probably the longest chapter i had made 🤧)

PLAYING WITH FIRE
"Moon Taehyun."

—1.12—

IT'S THE NEXT day of the school ambassador's election. Students already determined who the representatives would be. It's only the next test that they have to pass and the title would officially goes to them.

While waiting for the test to start, Aera sat in front of her sister. The test paper in her hands, as she listened to her sister practicing. Once her older sister finished, she looked up and gave her a reassuring smile when Rona seemed to be nervous.

"You'll do great." Aera assured her.

Though the anxious look still didn't vanished from her face. "But what if I made a mistake? What if I embarrassed myself?" Rona asked worriedly.

"You won't."

"You think so?"

"Oh I know so."

Giving her sister a squeeze on the arm, Mr. Ma came in right on cue to announce the first student which was Jeni, and everyone went back to focus on their own tasks.

But it didn't take long until the same girl walked in looking flustered, and there were dried tears on her cheeks.

Unconsciously, Aera stood up and approach the girl with a concerned look on her face. Her hand placed gently on her shoulder. "What is it? Is something wrong?" She questioned.

"I ruined it. I totally botched it."

"Why?"

"The script is in English!" Jeni cried.

English? Jeni suddenly threw her arms around her and Aera stood there not knowing what to do but returned the hug as comfort and awkwardly patted her back.

Everyone looked shocked at the sudden information. Seokkyung stood up and spoke. "The speech has never been in English."

"It doesn't matter." Eunbyeol interrupted. "Who cares if it's in English?"

Aera narrowed her eyes at the yellow dressed girl. She seemed to confident unlike she usually does when it comes to stage performance, and Aera might figured that Eunbyeol somehow knew something about this.

Just then, Mr. Ma entered once again, and said it was Rona's turn. But before she could leave, Aera grabbed her hand, glancing from Eunbyeol to her sister with a knowing look.

"—The script was leaked out before the audition. I heard someone was practicing their speech with this script."

Aera listened to her sister backstage. She watched the audience reaction as they had found out about the news. Her eyes darted from one person to another until they landed on Cheon Seojin. The woman herself looking shocked and frustrated.

"If the script wasn't leaked out, there's no reason for someone to practice the speech in English." Rona continued.