𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓- 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

"But what if the Guzmán's think I'm imposing?" Valentina asked with puffed out cheeks.

"Well if Mariano is marrying Isabela, then they'll have to get used to you constantly being around." He grinned.

"Whatever. Can you leave? I need to change." The girl asked and gestured to the door.

"What if I stayed instead?" Camilo asked as he flipped onto his stomach, raising his brows up and down.

"Get out, creep." Valentina scowled and threw one of her sandals at him.

"Okay okay! I'm leaving." Camilo laughed and raced out the door, narrowly avoiding the girls other sandal.

Walking out of Camilo's room Valentina quirked her head to the side in confusion when she didn't see the boy. Shrugging her shoulders the girl continued to walk down the stairs, flinching as she ran into a rather spaced out looking Isabela.

"I'm so sorry Isabela!" Valentina apologized, reaching out to grab the older girls shoulders.

"It's okay Valentina. I wasn't watching where I was going." Isabela said with a sheepish smile, reaching up to grasp one of Valentina's hand rather tightly.

"Its okay. I wasn't either." Valentina said slowly before giving Isabela a quick smile and continuing down the stairs.

Walking towards the backyard Valentina squinted her eyes. That was weird behavior for Isabela, right?
Valentina quickly shook that thought out of her head, tonight was Isabelas engagement dinner. She was probably just stressed.

"Val." A voice whispered as Valentina reached the backyard, making her jump. Valentina looked over  to where the voice came from and rolled her eyes as they made contact with Camilo's.

"Yes, Cami?"

"I just had to most brilliant idea!" The boy quietly exclaimed as he beckoned Valentina to come closer.

"Yeah, I'm sure you did." She said sarcastically as she walked closer.

"Dolores hasn't gotten her breakfast yet, so I'm going to shape shift into her and then I'll be able to acquire us more breakfast!" Camilo explained with a proud smile.

"It's cute that you think that that would work." Valentina smiled.

"What do you mean? Of course it'll work!"

"Yeah, until people realize that theres two Dolores's roaming around." Valentina deadpanned.

"Mhm I see how that might be a problem." Camilo said stroking his chin, "Just kidding! By the time they notice I'll probably already have the food so they won't make me put it back."

"If you say so, Camilo." The girl shook her head with a smile, "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go get my food without being sneaky about it."

"You'll be thanking me when there's extra arepas on your plate Valentina!" Camilo called out after his best friend before quickly shifting into his sister and running after her.

"Can you please just play along with this, Val." Camilo whispered with puppy dog eyes to his best friend who stood across the table from him.

"Don't give me those eyes Cami." Valentina groaned with her eyes squeezed shut.

"Please Valentina. I'll buy you those things in town that you wanted." Camilo begged.

"Okay fine. But you have to actually buy them and not flake out like last time." The girl said with a stern finger pointed at him.

"Okay deal! Now play along, I think someones coming." Camilo said, quickly piling food onto his plate.

"Dolores!" Mirabelle smiled as she ran up to Camilo, "Did you know you're my favorite cousin! I feel like I could tell you about anything and so in turn you could tell me everything!"

"Like about the threat to the miracle that no one else seems to be concerned about but that you might've heard something about that you should tell me." Mirabelle rushed out, but the only reaction she got from 'Dolores' was a blank stare.

"Camilo! Stop pretending to be your sister just so you can get seconds." Felix scolded as he walked out of the house and the real Dolores.

"Worth a shot." Camilo shrugged as he shapeshifters back into himself, "Hey!" He yelped as the casita hit him with the window.

"I told you it wasn't going to work." Valentina teased as they walked towards the chair.

"I still have the seconds, Valentina. So it did infact work." The boy smugly smirked as he sat down on his chair.

"Wow. Wanna cookie or something?" Valentina sarcastically asked with raised brows.

"No, but I will take a kiss." Camilo suggested and leaned towards the girl with puckered lips and closed eyes.

In response Valentina rolled her eyes with a light flush on her face before turning her attention towards abuela as she started talking.

"Tonight the Guzmans will be coming over for dinner, and I want everyone on their best behaviors." The older woman said, "Dolores, any word on the engagement?"

"He's proposing tonight and he wants five kids." Dolores said after listening in for a second.

Isabela sprouted five white flowers at the mention of five kids and Valentina's eyes widened.
Five kids? God damn Mariano.

Valentina spaced out for the rest of abuela's announcements knowing it didn't pertain to her, she was just looking forward to being excused so her and Camilo could go to town.

(a/n)-
THE QUESTION: literally how do i deal with the songs. i didn't include the first song bc how the first chapter is set up valentina logically wouldn't be in it but with how i'm planning out the next chp she would be in the casita and around camilo in 'we don't talk abt bruno' anddd i don't know what i should do with that. y'all's opinions would be great!

also hey baes i am so sorry i didn't actually update when i said i would oopsie.
i forgot that after not writing for even like 4 days i get super intense writers block sooo. this is also probably why this chapter sounds a bit awk but when i finish and edit all of this it will be better. also it's christmas eve so merry christmas to whoever celebrates it!
i wanted to get this out by the 24th in honor of christmas and encanto coming out on disney+ so that's why it's kind of short. but at least it's a chapter right :)
thank you so much for your support! and keep commenting and stuff i love interacting with you guys.
and ignore that the gifs quality is so bad I couldn't find it in a better one and I REFUSE to not use that clip I love it too much