Chapter 2 - Life on the run

(Cassia POV) 

After about an hour of hearing everyone talk about the knew things in their lives I asked for a conference meeting. Bucky brought Mary with him hoping he could spend more time with her.

"Mary..this is not a conversation I can have with you here." I give her a sorrowful look while I hold her hand. She had made herself comfortable on Steve's lap.

"Why not?" Steve asked hugging her tightly, his eyes looked glazed and his mouth pouted like a child being denied their favorite toy.

"You aren't using your powers on them are you?" I give her a stern look. She gives me a surprised face then a smirk. "MARY"

"Sorry...I just wanted them to love me." She slouches a bit, I could see Steve and Bucky look at me confused and slightly scared as she removed her spell on them.

"That will be an hour on the cuff. I told you they will love you without your powers doing ...this" 

"Little girl, we have to talk about this. I know it was scary meeting us. We were scared seeing you too. But we will love you with all our hearts, you will never have to use your powers on us. Understood?" Steve stood her up in front of him, giving her a stern Captain America speech.

"Yes sir" She softly said.

"Kid..can you feel it? Love? Check us out now that you haven't used your powers." Bucky added smiling at her.

"YAY..you do love me...mommy mommy mommy they love me." She squealed running around the conference room. Everyone laughed except for Tony who slapped his face with frustration.

"Alright, you need to go to uncle Wong for a bit while we talk." Her little smile grew large and her deep blue eyes widened with excitement.

"Can I do the portal..please mommy please?" She always begged when I have to send her to Wong.

"You can try. You do need practice for emergencies." I stepped back watching her stair at a blank wall away from everyone. She took her ring out of her pocket, setting one hand up and the other running circles in the air.

"What is she..." Tony began interrupting

"Shh she needs to concentrate" I stopped him. A small golden circle begins to form. Her excitement gets the better of her shaking the portal, it dissipated as fast as she made it. Her little grunt echoed in the room. I softly placed my hand on her shoulder taking my ring out and making the portal instantly. "You let your emotions take over during a spell. Never do that. Your concentration has to last the entire time. You can always celebrate after. Now go say hi to Wong for me."

"Wait..that's..." Tony looked at me confused. Mary waved everyone goodbye then ran in screaming for Wong. I laughed knowing the annoyed face he was going to make. "That's Strange's place in New York" I turn with my brows furrowed allowing the portal to shut down.

"Who's?"

"He's a new Avenger, a wizard" Sam added nonchalantly. 

"I never met him. The only person I know from the temple is Wong. He found us in trouble one day and helped us out. Mary has been attached to him since." I walk to a chair sitting down. I was exhausted. Before heading here I had to use a lot of power to make a pocket dimension for us to sleep in. 

"You are not here to hear who I know or do not know. You are hear to learn what's happened to us since that day." I look at everyone nervously, Thor giving me a reassuring smile and nod.

"When I faked my death I flew to London. Hoping an old friend would help hide me. When I got there I was told by her neighbors she had died. I used her basement setup to make myself fake identities, then I broke into her safe and took her savings to run. She had no family so I wasn't taking anything from anyone. A month later a letter was left for me at the cafe I worked. Stating 'We know you are alive Cass'...I was so scared. I ran again. A month later I was found at the apartment I was in. I had moved back to the states at the time. After fighting a dozen people I started getting sick. I used my mist abilities to run away. Only to find out someone had figured out how to track me using it. After weeks of getting sick I took a test to realize I was pregnant. Soon after I got attacked again. They almost hit my stomach. I knew I had to hide better, fight better. At first I thought it was HYDRA, but when I captured one of them, they said they wouldn't work for a dying organization." I sighed looking at my hands.