chapter 2

Author pov~

The first stirrings of the Omega's heat broke through on his birthday.

He hadn't been spotted outside his house for two days; out of behaviour character for a boy who was constantly wandering around in the woods before, whether rain or sunshine. Danzo had him taken out of his room and brought straight to the room he had set up in preparation, ignoring the Omega's furious and panicked screaming all the way there. His heat wasn't completely broken through yet, as evidenced by his lucidity still, but no matter. This way the little minx couldn't try to barricade himself in his own room or gods forbid, try to run away.

Annoyingly his screaming had attracted the attention of some concerned villagers, who came out of their houses, questioning why the boy was yelling so loudly. Danzo spent some time placating them, ensuring that everything was all right; the boy was just distraught after a horrible nightmare, some rest elsewhere would do him well, doctor's orders.

"Better make yourself comfortable, because the next upcoming days are going to be taxing for you," Danzo informed the outraged Omega before he locked the door, paying no heed to the loud thud which followed right after and which had the door shaking in its frame.

Honestly, such uncouth behaviour. This was his thanks after he had made sure that the boy wouldn't starve to death? He didn't act any better than those Uzumaki barbarians right now. Hopefully Yakushi would instill some good manners in that brat once he bound him to him.

"How long has he been quiet?" Yakushi inquired, his eyes glinting when he leant slightly back in his chair, tilting his head towards the room to listen.

Koharu sipped from her tea. "A couple of hours so far," she answered serenely. "When I checked on him four hours ago he was already calming down."

As Danzo's wife she'd helped him put together the room, ensuring that there would be enough food and water stocked in order for Yakushi to spend the Omega's heat uninterrupted.

"His heat should fully break through any moment now," Danzo added, drinking from his own tea; revelling in the warmth it sent through him. There was nothing better than a hot cup of tea while Mother Nature was raging outside.

Yakushi smirked. "So he's finally ready for me?"

"He's all yours," Danzo smiled and waved at the door. "Take that door, at the end of the hallway you'll find his room. Do not forget our agreement, Yakushi-san."

"Of course not, Danzo-sama," Yakushi smiled and rose up. "How could I forget when you and this town have been so generous to me? I wish you and your lady a very good night."

"Have a fruitful union," Koharu murmured.

Yakushi had only just opened the door to the hallway when a fearful scream cut through the air, cleaving through the sound of the rain. The silence which followed felt somehow forbidden, full of tension, and Danzo frowned, standing up.

"You go on. I will go see what is happening," he assured the younger man.

Yakushi looked doubtful for just a couple of seconds, but then inclined his head and slipped through the door, closing it gently behind him.

"You think it's that Yamanaka girl again? She's been having more and more fits lately," Koharu mentioned idly, but her eyes were sharp as she watched her husband pull on his cloak. "I told her parents they might have to consider sending her away. Konoha can't do anything with that girl in the state she is."

"Perhaps," Danzo said, "I will go see. If it is indeed that girl again, I will talk with her parents."

If that girl was indeed having more and more fits, she would have to be sent away. It would be a shame, for she was quite a beauty and would be a good match someday, but they couldn't do anything with a hysterical woman.