Chapter 2

Emily's POV
I step into the ambulance. I look at her. Her fragile body all wrapped up on the stretcher. I grab her hand. "You'll be okay Riley... Yes you will." I grab my phone and call my parents.
"Mom! Riley's been in a horrible accident! I was taking a walk and I saw the whole accident!"
"What? Okay, where- where are you headed? How is she?!"
"I'm in the ambulance with her now. We are headed to Green Valley Hospital right now, will be in the ER.
"Ok, me and your father are running into the car."
"Who's going to watch Matty? (Their little brother)
"We'll bring him too, can you call Grandma and Grandpa?"
"Yeah, go on, I'll call them, and I'll call Kate, I'm sure James is going to want to know this."
I hang up the phone to call the grandparents, and then call the studio.
******
James POV
I pull into the parking lot. I run into the hospital. I spot Emily sitting in a chair. "Emily! Where is she!"
"In the ER."
"I need to see her!"
"You can't. She's been rushed into surgery."
"Ok." I sit beside her. She starts crying on my shoulder. I start getting teary eyed myself. We sit there and wait. Riley's parents and little brother come shortly after along with her grandparents. Her brother walks over to me.
"Hey Matt" I say.
"Is Riley gonna be okay?" He says.
"I don't know bud."
He sits on my lap and starts crying. I try to smile through it, but it's all to much. I start getting tears in my eyes. It all hits me. Riley, she could be dead any minute. I can't imagine a world without her, a world that doesn't have my Riley in it. That's a world I don't want to live in...