Chapter 01. Where She's Gone...

"Why don't you relax for now..." Adrian, Adriana' elder brother sighed.

"How can I? You know that the results are going to be declared tomorrow... I'm so nervous." Adriana paced around the room.

"Your pacing around the room won't really solve things. Why don't you look for something to do to keep your mind occupied?" He suggested.

"I can't..."

"This pressure of yours, may result in feelings of anxiety or nervousness, and this exam stress can interfere with your peace of mind... While a certain amount of stress may be beneficial, too much exam stress can cause you to perform poorly tomorrow that mean so much to you. Don't you want to go there fresh..." He tried again.

"You told me to kill time... How do I do that?"

"A webnovel maybe? I know novels aren't really your thing but trust me, this one will make you go crazy. It's so good!" Adrian almost jumped up from his seat.

In truth, Adriana had passed out her graduation and now, she was preparing to enter in IRRI. The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) was the world's premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty, hunger, and malnutrition through rice science and she wanted to be a part of it. The IRRI was an international agricultural research and training organization with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna in the Philippines, and offices in seventeen countries. But, she wanted to go Philippines, for it was the best place among others.

She had already given her exam and was just waiting for the results to be out tomorrow. There was another exam after the result declaration but, it wasn't that important if she passed tomorrow. She was not scared but more nervous. This exam wasn't a piece of cake for her. For sure, she didn't make a big deal out of it but as tommorow approached, she was getting more nervous. Everyone said to calm down and just hope for the best cause getting anxious will only had to it and it'll be chaotic inside her head. But, it was easier said than done.

"I'm afraid of the results..." Adriana finally calmed down a little and sat on her bed.

"Well, it's a natural thing to occur. Whenever we are looking for something important, fear and anxiety will set in. So first of all, we need to accept it and don't think its something abnormal. To move forward, whenever you feel that fear or anxiety just tell yourself that the result gonna be good. Just actually speak it so that you can hear your own words. If there are repeated emotions, do this again. I think this will help you relax." Adrian spoke lightly.

"Just when I finished my exams, it hit me that the exam results were on the horizon. All my happiness was gone and all I could feel was anxiety about the results. We all try very hard to make something come true, to achieve something for ourselves and for others. Exams are one such step towards our achievement. It is a test of fire. Passing or failing these exams makes us feel positively or negatively about ourselves. It affects our confidence. I also worry about how others, especially family and close ones, might react to my results."

"It's your exam sis. You studied for it and you gave it. Results will also declare your name, either pass or fail. So, you shouldn't really think about others. You know I and Mom, will always support you, right? Even Dad is okay with whatever you score. Then what's the issue." Adrian moved to sit with her and patted her hair.

"You know... Just leave it! You were saying something about a webnovel?" Adriana was a lot calm now that she was reassured by her brother.

"Curling up with a good book is not only enjoyable, it can positively impact your mental and emotional health. Simply by opening a book, you allow yourself to be invited into a literary world that distracts you from your daily stressors. Reading can even relax your body by lowering your heart rate and easing the tension in your muscles. Think of a good book as stress reduction, self-care, sleep aid, and brain booster all rolled into one. Especially this one... It literally takes you to a new world where there's magic." Adrian almost squealed at the last line.