"I love you." I turn to whisper to Aiden." He kisses my lips once and then reaches over to tap Catherine's nose. She wiggles and gives us a toothless smile. I giggle and lean my head back against Aiden, watching as he talks to our baby, telling her how much her loves her and how spoiled she will be. She will be. Aiden is going to treat her like a princess, just like how he treated me...

After a while, the nurse took Catherin back to the nursery and Aiden told me I should try to get more sleep. But I didn't want to go to bed. I wanted to be with him. I hate sleep. It's unnecessary and it takes time away from being with Aiden. 

"You're going to stay, right? You're not going to leave?" Aiden was currently standing by the bed, having just given the nurse Catherine. He stares at me for a second before he leans down and kisses my forehead. 

"I'm never going to leave." He promises and then gets in bed with me. With an arm around my waist, I'm able to fall asleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night when I feel Aiden shift and remove his arm. He begins to slide out of bed and I begin to panic. Where was he going? I reach for him but can't find him in the dark. I whimper at the loss of him. He promised he'd stay. 

I feel fingers incounter mine and he instantly twines them together. "Sh. It's okay baby. Are you in pain?" He asks, sitting back down in the bed. I shake my head and realize he can't see me in the dark.

"No." I say.

"Then why are you awake? Go back to sleep, you need to rest." He tells me. 

"Where are you going?" I ask him and sit up. I will go with him. I don't want to sleep. I don't want to be seperated from him. I no longer have my sister, I don't want to lose my mate as well. I know I sound clingy, but I'm just afraid of losing another important person to me.

"There's something I have to take care of, I'll be back by morning." He says in a quiet, soft voice.

"I'll come with." I am already trying to get out of bed but he doesn't hesitate to push me back down. I frown, angry and hurt.

 "No. You need to stay here and rest, Summer. I'm not going to risk you getting hurt, okay?" He somehow finds my lips in the darkness and kisses me passionately. It was short but it was powerful and made my insides melt. "I love you, baby. But I need you to stay here. It's safer if you stay." 

"What are you doing that is dangerous?!" I cry, worried. He wasn't about to go deal with rogues, was he? I know he's strong enough to handle himself against them, but what if something happens? I hate having him go out and slaughter them while I wait here and twiddle my thumbs. I feel helpless and pathetic. 

"Summer, pleae calm down. I'm going to be okay. I'll be back in the morning, untouched and safe." He promises and kisses me once more, as if he was trying to pursuade me. And it works. He knows I can never say no after he kisses me like that. 

"I love you, Aiden."

"I love you more, Summer. Go to sleep and I'll be back when you wake." He tells me and somehow, his words instantly make me tired. I curl up into a ball and fall asleep to his retreating footsteps. 

When I wake up, he wasn't back. Twice, he has broken his promises. Twice in twenty four hours. That is a new record, I have to say. I sit up in bed and glance to see the nurses had brought in breakfast. My stomach grounds and I put the tray on my lap and dig in to the healthly hospital food. 

A nurse comes in to check up on me and tells me I can leave by this afternoon. I was glad. I hate hospitals and I really want to get back to my comfy bed. I ask if she could bring in Catherine but she said she was in the middle of a bath. It would take a little while for them to be down. When she left and took my empty tray, I realize how completely lonely I am. So I reach over to grab my phone and text Jamie, Samantha and Kiera. 

I ask them what the guys are doing and if they have been by to see the baby.

Jamie:Yes! She is adorable, Summer! I love her already! And the guys are out dealing with some rogue stuff. Storm said he should have been back two hours ago... I'm getting nervous...

Sammy: I am in love. I want her. Make her mine! Please! Jimmy is hunting with Aiden and the boys. Them rogues seriously like to tousle your mate... 

Kiera: Rogue hunting. But they said they'd be back by now! I don't know what's keeping them. My mind link is shut off, tell me if yours is too! And Catherine is adorable. A sweet angel. 

I respond to all of them.

To Jamie: Don't worry, I'm sure they are alright.

To Sammy: She's mine! You can't have her! ;) and yes. Aiden is easily aggrivated. It doesn't take them a whole lot...

To Kiera: Yes. The mind link is shut off for me as well. I'll try again later...

Now I was getting really worried. Aiden never shuts our mind link off. Something awful must have happened... 

Sammy: Summer... Something has happened. Don't worry, he will be fine.

To Sammy: He?! He who?! 

She doesn't respond. I being to panic and I call in the nurse. I tell her I have to leave now. She quickly does the papers and then I realize I don't have a car... Aiden took the car. I get frustrated and call Sammy. 

"Summer... I can't talk. I need to be with Jimmy as he operates on Aiden." I feel my eyes widen. Operate?! What the heck happened?

"Sammy! I need you or someone to come get me, please." I tell her when I hear a scream on the other line. It was like a dagger to my heart and I feel tears roll down my cheeks. 

"Jamie is on her way. She'll be there in a minute." She tells me and hangs up right afterward. I put my phone in my purse and get up to go change into some yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I'm going comfy for...probably the rest of my life. 

After getting dressed, I walk out of the room and head to the nursery, following intructions as to how to get there. When I do, a woman is holding Catherine, waiting for me to come. I quickly sign everything to get out and then give me her birth certificate and social security number.

I put that in my purse as well and gently pick up my baby girl. Placing her on my hip, I walk as quickly as I can, making sure not to trouble her.

When I get outside, Jamie is in my Jeep, waiting. But when she sees me, she rushes over to take my bag and puts it up front while I put Catherine in the car seat. After buckling her in, giving her a kiss on the head, I hop into the passenger seat and look over at my friend with wide eyes. "What happened?" I ask.

"They were ambushed," was all she said. The rest of the ride was silent and I begin tapping on my thigh with my finger, getting nervous and anxious. When we pull up, Jamie tells me to go while she get's Catherine. I was a bit hesitant but when I hear another scream of pain, I dart into the house and go to the pack emergency room.

I barge in and find a panting Aiden tied to the metal table with Jimmy operating surgery. Aiden glances over at me. "Get her out of here!" He bellows. Sammy moves to take me out but I shrug off her hands and run over to stand next to Jimmy. I watch as he slices open Aiden's stomach and what looks like a cobalt blue bullet is nestling in his pancreas. I feel sick to my stomach. 

"What is that?" I ask Jimmy.

"Wolfbane bullets." He grumbles as he hastily removes them. I glare over at Aiden as tears roll down my face. 

"You promised." His eyes are pained and guilty. I hate when he looks guilty, cause it makes me feel bad also. Aiden reaches a hand out to me and I grab it before taking a seat on a stool and holding out hands to my chest. Now it was my turn to be there for Aiden during the seething pain. Roles definitely are reversed. 

"Who did this? Rogues?" I ask Sammy, the only one who can respond. 

"No. It was the pack in Colorado." I arch an eyebrow and Aiden lets out another scream. I whimper and move closer to him, placing kisses on his sweaty face. 

"OW! Damn it!" Aiden yells. "Summer! It was an act of betrayal!" His eyes bore into mine and I frown. What is he talking about? "It's the pack Rain and Kyle joined." 

Catherine on the side!!! ---> So cute!