━━SANJŪGO

Start from the beginning

Kageyama was teed off at the audacity of his teammate. A vein protruding on his head. He was clearly showing off to Nao, which annoyed the setter. There was nothing inherently amazing about what he had done. Kageyama was sure that he could shoot more hoops to that stupid bottle.

"Mo, I didn't know you could be so impetuous—shrimp."

Tsukishima uttered. His words laced with ice. The temperature plummeted down. The children who were running to the booth stopped upon seeing the tall player.

"L-let's go back." A little girl said to her friends. They were hurrying away from the intimidating air emitted by the Karasuno players.

Sugawara then clutched the collar of Hinata's back, removing the latter from Nao. "That's enough, Hinata." The grey-haired lightly chuckled.

He then checked the girl. Her face was slightly flushed. "Are you alright, Nao?"

She nodded in reply, feeling timid. "Y-yes. I'm okay, Suga-san." The Fuji assured.

The officiate then handed them their winning prize. It was a beautiful bracelet.

"That's so pretty!"

Nao cooed upon seeing it. Its design was mainly inspired by pink-colored gemstones. They were shaped like petals.

"It's indeed beautiful." Daichi told her as he had placed the bracelet around her wrist. "Thus, this would look good on you."

"But—Daichi-san—!"

Nao tried to stop the captain from giving it to her. "Are you sure that you would want to give this to me? I meanisn't this too mu—"

She then paused when she had heard the Karasuno players laughing. They were amused at her attempt in stopping the latter from giving her the prize.

"It's my promise to you, Nao-senpai! You better have it!" Hinata returned from his daze earlier. He was then making her recall the promise that he had made. 

"Nao-chan, it's for you. So please accept it." The vice-captain informed, showing her a big, friendly smile.

"Keep it as a gift, Nao. From the team. You've become someone important to us." Daichi then took her hand. The one that had the bracelet on. He gave her knuckles a light brush.

"Let that be a reminder of how grateful we are that we have you by our side." Tsukishima told the girl, a smile plastered on his face. His amber eyes softly boring into her.

"You're a part of us—no matter what." Kageyama added, gazing also at the Fuji. The latter felt her heart warmed at their kindness.

"Nao-san."