2

tw // suicide, death
flashback (author pov)
minah's elder sister disappeared from her sight after waving a goodbye to the younger who's in verge of tears. and she wasn't saved in the end. minah who got frightened by what she saw, finally cried aside.

she has been living alone with her sister, and her sister was the one who earned money and fed the two of them.

everything was fine until one day minah accidentally did something really bad to the landlord. the landlord then kicked them out of the house so they had to find another place.

the place they found was rather creppy and dirty, but they had no choice.

"sister! i will buy a big house for you and me when i become rich!", that's what minah said when she was younger. all the two of them wished was to have a nice place to stay.

minah's sister had to overwork herself in order to feed the two of them. she didn't even have time for herself.

her sister even sold her own body to pay the rent. the man ran away and she didn't even got paid. her sister can't think of any other choice under this much stress but to take her own life at the end...

minah can't stop crying. just think about how much her sister actually did for her, made her feel guilty enough. the suffer her sister gone through and the sacrifice, is not what herself can relate without going through them herself.

someone reported the dead body of her sister to the police and they came. they also brought minah to the police station to question her.

she was released two days after and she didn't have any place to go. one of the police officer sent her to the orphanage and that's where she spent the next nearly 9 years of her life.

everyday when there's a big change in her life occurs, the nightmare will appear.

and so she never tried to change her life, nor her fate. as long as she can escape from the guilt and nightmare, she can do anything, even if losing her happiness can repay everything.

end of flashback

-
kevin pov
"right. im sure that you know the route to each of your lesson now right, minah?", i looked at her as i asked and she nodded her head.

she's really good at memorising the way to a place that she never get lost, im envious.

"oh anyways, welcome here! damn i forgot to say this haha!", i said as i rubbed my nape. she gave me a small smile, "thank you."

"shall we grab some snack before you have your next class?", i asked and she nodded. "let's go!"

we went to the school's mart and bought some bread. after that we chose a spot to sit and enjoy our food.

"hey, remember how you finally talk to me for the first time?", i asked as i took a sip of my yoghurt drink. she looked at me, nodded and giggled. "of course i do! yah you were twerking on the bus stop while i was trying to study for mock test and didn't even stop even if i told you to!", she said.

"well, you were too focused that you didn't even spotted me whenever we are in class. how could you not know your classmate! i can recognise you right away but you can't! hmph.", i crossed my arms and she just laughed it off.

"oh? it's not as funny as you think.", i said, narrowing my eyes while looking at her.

"eat your food before i take those.", she said as she stuck out her tongue. i quickly placed my snacks away from her and opened a pack of bread and munched on it.

-
minah pov
look at kevin made me think of the time when we were younger.

kevin is my only friend since middle school.

it must be that he's a transfer student so he didn't know that im a... orphan. the first day kevin transferred to my school, he's already approaching me, since he was assigned to sit behind me and didn't have a deskmate.

i tried my best to ignore him, to be honest.

he was trying to get close to others too, but people thought he's friend with me so all of them stayed away from him.

but he still shows that bright smile of his.

he's so brave. if i was him i would transfer to another school instead of bugging on the same person...

i gave up when he kept distracting me from studying for mock test on the bus stop. the first thing i said to him was to stop twerking. he was so happy that i finally talked to him.

i asked him why and he said this.

"you looked like a soft person inside but tough on the outside. it must be lonely to be alone all the time."

maybe i was wrong about how he have no friends, he has friends in his neighbourhood and that's why he's not completely alone.

maybe i was completely alone.

and he appeared in my life, even if i didn't asked for it.

-

i went back to the dorm to see juyeon sitting on the couch with his own clothes.

"uhh... where are the others, j-juyeon?", i asked carefully. he looked at me and replied, "they're competing each other in dancing to diss on each other's skill and see who's treating dinner, enemy thing."

i just nodded and went into my room. i went to take a shower and changed into comfortable clothes before coming out of the room.

"have you eaten?"

i turned my head to the boy who still have his attention on his phone, "no."

"there's a bento near the dining table. nayeon saved you one. thank her instead of me if you want.", he said, doesn't bother to spare a second to turn his head to me.

"ah, tha-", i was about to thank him but i remembered what he said lastly and so i covered my mouth.

i just took a seat and ate my lunch.

"hah ji changmin you're treating dinner!", nayeon's voice rang into my ear and i turned my head to see the two of them are back, sweaty.

"don't spread false information! lee juyeon, your twin sister is treating us dinner tonight!", changmin shouted and got a slap on his arm by the girl.

"ouch!"

"anyways, tell nayeon what do you all wanna eat for dinner, she's treating you all!", he said and ran into his room before nayeon can give another slap on his arm.

nayeon sighed as she sat beside me, "oh right, how's the bento? is it nice?", she asked. i nodded, "it's delicious! thank you!"

she then turned to juyeon, "yah, juyeon see! you're a good cooker after all!"

juyeon finally stopped playing his phone as he glared at his twin, "yah did you swap the bento?! how?!" she nodded before giving a cheekily smile and jumped into her room, leaving the two of us alone again.

"thank you...", i said as we made eye contact for seconds. "y-your... welcome.", he said after breaking it.

---
omg this part was released on new year last time HELWLCPOEKSOXKD