Chapter 2: Demon Lords? (revised)

Start from the beginning

They smiled at each other one more time before turning around on their own new different paths. Velgrynd turned to the man and smiled.

"Hello."

Once Rimuru was out sight from anyone, he jumped out from an alley after concealing himself. He started to fly off towards a direction where he thinks there is something fun going on and smirked.

The current demon lords of this era are the so called "Three Ancient Demon Lords". There are also hundreds of others that try to the join club. Maybe I could go and play with them for a bit?

"Ciel, how much could I change the events if I decide to visit them?"

<<Answer to that...100% if you make yourself known while 0% if you still choose to be in the shadows as you confront them.>>

"Makes sense. Wait, does that mean those previous demon lords are really just like useless mob characters with no screen time as if only mentioned once?"

<<Hai!>>

"Yes."

Rimuru's confused expression changed back to a mischievous smile and asked,

"How many extras are we going to face Ciel?"

<<Currently 89 'Demon Lords...85...60...100...>>

"Make up your mind!"

<<It's not me master.>>

Somehow, he can sense Ciel pouting. Rimuru blinked, and used [Universal Perception] himself this time. He was able to cover all the way to the Dagruel and Luminous' place.

It was true indeed, he found about the fluctuating powerful energies going rampant as a battle was being held at the Great Jura Forest. It wasn't that Rimuru doubted Ciel, he was just confused at the unbelievable changing amount of Demon Lords present.

Since only three were famously known as official throughout the Magic Continent, these idiots must be fighting for an official position. That or they really are a rowdy bunch, fighting for multiple reasons.

Surprisingly, he also sensed Dagruel having a duel with Veldora somewhere else too. It's probably not their first time right now since even Dagruel could be seen smiling occasionally.

Another was Guy starting another duel with Rudra, and Velzard seemed to be watching while nonchalantly sipping tea at the side, with Ramiris occasionally tickling Milim for fun, while Milim creepily grinning and trying to sneak some fly swatter behind Ramiris.

...what era did I get myself into. Was this always their hobby that time?

Rimuru shakes his head as if to try to forget what he found. Having made up his mind, he teleported himself atop the ongoing battlefield of the Great Jura Forest, easily dodging  a magic bullet along the way. He was currently invisible to everyone right now so no one can sense him.

There the different types of 'Demon Lords' occupied below him. There were the ones fighting, some falling like flies, some disintegrated, some thrown far away, and there were the spectator Demon Lords who sometimes get caught up in the carnage.

Someone was thrown up beside him and he looked on as the person suddenly yelled, "I am Demon Lord Y/N . And you all little dirt shall bow before my greatness!...*including you fellow readers and author-san.*"

At least that's what they said before he dived down to headbutt a random person from below.

Their ability was just too powerful that they seemed able to see through us...*cough cough*.