"I said....do you understand?" he barks. Again I just nod too afraid to answer. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"Fucking faggot!" Warner hisses. He pulls back his arm and I prepare myself for the pain of his fist contacting my face. Just before he releases a yell reaches our ears. A yell he is obviously familiar with because he drops his arm and looks in the direction. I look too and find that Conner Anderson has some guy upside ready to toss him head first into a garbage can.

Warner immediately runs over in that direction. He places a hand on Conner's shoulder, turns Conner, and pops him right in the nose. Conner drops the kid and covers his bleeding nose with trembling hands. I watch as Warner helps up the kid, an obvious friend. As I watch I realize I don't hate Warner. Even though he may bully me, he must have some good in him. And he proved that the moment he saved his friend.

The boy with the brown hair and eyes. The boy with the red rimmed glasses. The boy with the pale skin. The boy with the big lips that looked like divine pillows. The boy with his head full of Mormon nonsense. The boy that would be my obsession for the next few years. The boy that had unknowingly saved me. Because after that day Warner never bullied me again. He was too busy saving his friend.

No I didn't hate Warner. But I did hate Conner. And I still do. Not just because I am now his official target. No my hate for him evolves around something so much bigger than that. I hate Conner because he dared to try and hurt Brendon...

*end flashback*

In the three years that I've watched Brendon, he never acknowledged me. And I couldn't blame him. We went to school with over a thousand kids. Our graduating class would be at least 400 if we all graduate. And if he never notice me before why would he now? What made him do it?

I wanted to ask him so the questions rolling around my head, trailing his every word like a lost puppy, but as we continued to walk out of school, my courage was shriveling as if marred by the sun. Or maybe it was the growing brightest that radiated from somewhere deep inside Brendon. The ironic thing about this glow though was that only I seemed to notice it. And maybe it too would shrivel up and die.

I was suddenly being shoved back into the side of the school. My flesh dragging roughly across each brick behind me. I heard Brendon shouting, and I could taste the blood filling my mouth. I had apparently bit my tongue in shock. But the only thing I saw was Warner Thompson towering over me.

"Get up Fag! Face this like a man!" Warner was yelling.

"What did I do?" I manage to choke out.

"Conner told me about what you said to his listen sister!" Warner hisses.

A few weeks after Warner had punched Conner for messing with Brendon, the two become surprisingly close. They were practically best friends now. I guess it just goes to show that Brendon doesn't mean THAT MUCH to him. But that's besides the point. The point is I had told Cassidy, Conner's little sister, to fuck off when she tried to proposition me last week in Art.

I had been relaxing as my painting dried, when she had sauntered over. The first thing to cross my mind was a mix of terror, agitation, and discomfort. Cassidy was known for two reasons. 1) she was the little sister of the coolest guy in school and 2) she was the school's biggest slut. She had managed to sleep with every guy on this school, safe for about 5 or 6. Spencer and I being lucky enough to be one of those few. (and I hope Brendon too) Just last week she had slept with Brent. I guess this week I was her new conquest. Too bad I had already decided that I wasn't up for domination.

"Hey Ryan." she said in a whisper I guess she mistook for seductive. To me it sounded like a dying cat had his tail stepped on.

"What do you want Cassidy?" I ask, one of the few times I've spoken to someone that wasn't Spencer or Brent.

"You." she purrs. I didn't mean to say it. I was only supposed to think it. But I did say it. And it came out a lot harsher than I had meant for it to.

"I wouldn't want you if we were the last people on the face of the planet and I had the choices of either A) fucking you or B) committing suicide."

This is why I dont talk to anybody. Well it's not the only reason, but it's one of them. Because the moment I said it, her facial expression changed from one of seductiveness and lust to one of pure hatred and loath. She didn't spare me a word just turned and stomped off. I should have known she'd tell her brother. And I should have known that Warner would hear about it from Conner.

But how could I know that Warner would hunt me down for it? And how would I know that no sooner had Warner shoved into the side of the school and held me there, would he be laying on the ground holding a hand over his eye. My gaze flashes from him on the ground up to where Brendon is glaring down at him, his fist still clenched.

"What the fuck Brendon! You just fucking punched! You shit dick!" Warner yells still holding a hand to his eye.

"Leave Ryan alone Warner." is Brendon's reply. Warner goes to say something but shuts his mouth and sneers at Brendon.

"Or what? What are you going to do Urie?"

"I'll make you regret it. I have my ways. Trust me. If you don't leave Ryan alone I will make your life a living hell." Brendon promises.

"Whatever. I don't have time to waste on you or your precious fag boyfriend." Warner snarls dusting himself off and storming away.

"Are you alright?" Brendon asks me, helping me up. When he has punched Warner I had managed to crumple in a heap to the ground.

"Yeah I'm fine." I stutter.

"You're hurt. Come on. I'll take you home." he says. I just stare at him. Why in the fuck would he want to help me? I just made him lose his best friend!

"Warner isn't my best friend. I don't have a best friend. Not unless you want to audition." he says. I blush. There I go again saying my thoughts out loud. Dammit Ryan, that shots gonna get you in trouble.

"You don't want me as your friend, let alone your BEST friend." I tell him.

"You'd be surprised..." Brendon mutters, but I pretend that I don't hear him as he helps me down the street.

**********************************************

So that was chapter 4.....what do you guys think? Please don't be shy and please let me know what you think. I have no clue when I'll write chapter 5.....I'm not really motivated to continue writing momentarily. I think that if I maybe got a few comments on what you guys like/think so far, or maybe some comments suggesting things. I'm open to any suggestions. I'm also open to including people in my stories. I can't promise it will be than a chapter that you'll be seen in but I can guarantee you that you'll be in it if you want. Just message me what book you want to be in, what you want your character to be named, how you want them to look and act, and you'll be in it. I'll also dedicate the chapter(s) you're in to you :)

But basically my point is that I'll probably update faster if I get a few comments.

Well bye guys. I hope you liked it :)