Chap 5: Love, Lost, & Leaving

Back at school we had five days before midterm and spring break. I went about my normal routine of getting in trouble or sleeping in Pussmaid's class, drawing in Fizz's, working hard in Sawyer's and Cruz's classes, out writing everyone in Patterson's, and using Shop Management to goof off.

Everyday Moxon tried to flirt with me or call me and I ignored him.

CJ and I would have our deep conversation about life and helping each other where we could.

Finn did his normal of making me laugh or smile at some stupid joke while simultaneously try to convince me to just get drunk and get laid to forget my problems, typically wanting me to sleep with Moxon.

That lead to Friday, last day before spring break.

"Hey, Ash," Maxwell Frost shyly said as he walked up to me before 1st period.

"What's up Max," I said kinda surprised. Max never talks to me. He only ever talks to a few of his friends and CJ.

"Do you think CJ would wanna... go to the movies with me?" He blushed.

"Well I know CJ has been wanting to see that Turning Red movie that just released. But I'd ask them yourself," I nodded as CJ walked in the door. He turned and walked to his seat, coward.

"Since when do you and Max talk?" CJ asked.

"We don't. But I think you need to," I grinned.

"About?"

"That Turning Red movie."

"Oh?"

"Just do it. See if he wants to go with you. Now I'ma take a nap."

"I'll give you the notes," CJ said sitting down behind me.

After class, Max walked with CJ and I made myself scares. I didn't want to ruin their moment. I took the long way to art and ran into Buck.

"Hey, Babygirl," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "don't call me that."

"Why? You used to love it, especially went I'd whisper it in your ear." I hated that I loved it when he said that. It made my stomach twist and flutter.

"B, I'm serious, I don't wanna be with you again when you're just gonna leave again. Don't tell me you've changed cause I would bet my whole paycheck if I looked at your phone it's still full of girls that you flirt with. You don't love me. You're just lonely and wanna get your dick wet. Find another girl's heart to break." I walked off to art class and ignored Mox for the rest of the day.

In art, CJ was smiling brighter than I'd ever seen. They basically skipped to their seat and burst out, "I have a date with Max over spring break."

"No one cares, loser," snapped Stacy Cargo, who was late for her next class.

To look at the two of us it wasn't hard to see Buck has a type, taller thick brunettes; however Stacy is right at 5'9 so only a few inches taller than me, around 245lbs of pure fat where as my 270lbs is solid muscle, she's also an attention whore. Stacy would do anything to get noticed, I tend to keep to myself unless provoked.

"Fuck off bitch you're just pissed your ugly ass can't keep a man," I defended CJ.

"I stole yours didn't I, Lubella?" She smiled.

"My name is Ash," I growled through my teeth. "And Buck was literally just begging me to get back with him. Not to mention when y'all were together he'd call me to complain about you, like when you through up all over him in his car cause your gag reflex was to weak." A bunch of kids in the class started dying laughing and I hated everyone looking at me.