"Fine by me," Evelyn shrugged. "Have a great rest of your day."

Carrie grinned, "you as well!"

The couple watched as she ran back to her friends. The second they turned around and started walking away, Wilbur pouted at Evelyn.

"You hurt my feelings."

Evelyn glanced up at him and tilted her head slightly, feigning confusion. "How?"

"Im your biggest fan! Me. Nobody else—,"

"I think a few people would argue that point—,"

"—and you didn't even defend my honor! Evelyn, light of my life, you are the actual worst."

She snorted and tugged on his hand. "You're so dramatic. Come on, it's freezing out here.

Wilbur, however, didn't even budge.

"Wil."

He shook his head, "No. Nope. Uh uh. I'm not going anywhere until you apologize for hurting my feelings. I'll stand here and freeze to death before I go back home with my wounded pride. The knife you so brutally stabbed into my back needs to be taken out immediately, otherwise i'll literally rot from the inside and die. Do you want me dead, Evelyn? I thought you loved me," he proceeded to wipe away a fake tear from under his eye, "I didn't realize two months was all it took for you to fall out of love and decide to hate my guts. This is awful, i'll never love again."

"are you done?" she asked, unimpressed.

"Am I done? Are you telling me to simply get over my trauma? Is that what you're telling me? I think you might want to consider career choices, darling. Because frankly that was pretty shit advice."

Evelyn let out an exasperated sigh before letting go of his hand, "Fine. Freeze out here and i'll go start listing all of your belongings on ebay—,"

"Evelyn! You're just going to leave me out here to die? What the fuck!?" He exclaimed, rushing to her side as she began to walk away. "Don't you love me?"

"Stop trying to emotionally manipulate me," she deadpanned, making Wilbur laugh loudly.

"I'm not trying to emotionally manipulate you! I just want to know you'll miss me when I freeze to death!"

"I will," she started, turning to grin evilly up at him. "But after I auction off your hairbrush for a million dollars i'll just get a dog, name him Wilbur, and learn to move on with my life."

Wilbur was silent for a few minutes before he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to his side. "You seem like you've thought about this too much, Evie. I don't know how to feel about that."

"At least you know I could be someone's trophy wife if you tragically perish out of nowhere. I'm sure millions of fourteen year old girls would pay a good amount of money for anything that belongs to you...belonged, I guess."

Wilbur pouted as they neared his front door, "I want you to be my trophy wife, not some other losers. Stop trying to get rid of me. You're stuck with me forever—we have a star together and everything!"