Chapter 1: A Detour (revised)

Start from the beginning

"No no! That's not what I meant! Since you only knew me through that battle, I thought you would remember me through that instead."

Laughing nervously, he felt like there was a cold sweat that dripped from his back. Velgrynd fell silent as he pondered his words before giggling a bit, her facial expressions relaxing.

"Relax, I know what you mean. Although you should have also remembered that I don't know you just through that. You could have said you were once an opponent of 'Rudra', or my little brother's friend."

Rimuru sweat-dropped as he remembered he could have said that since that was what she had called him before. Over the years of peace, it seemed that he has gotten more relaxed and a little forgetful of some things. He told himself to not be indulged too much in the years of peace to the point of forgetting things.

At least he got her off from talking about her suspicions. Now was just not yet the time for that talk when the Rimuru from her timeline doesn't know about it yet.

Before he could say anything else, Velgrynd speaks in a hopeful tone.

"If you are from the future, can you tell me if you have seen the whole of Rudra?"

Rimuru gazed at her with warm eyes and his kind smile.

"I shouldn't be telling you anything from the future now, should I?"

It was short and simple. Not an answer that Velgrynd hoped for but it didn't matter to her. Because of how he delivered it, she knew there was hope. He didn't say it as if he never saw the guy she was looking for in his timeline, instead it was a hint that there is a very high possibility that she will find him. What is also important is his soul and heart, it doesn't matter if his personality changes. She sighed in relief.

Rimuru doesn't know what Velgrynd is thinking right now, but if it is what he think it is, he could say he is a proof of an example to what Masayuki is almost like.

It's been 6 years since the Great Tenma War. It's been 6 years since he was sent to the end of time and space.
It has also been 6 years since he regained his memories...

...as Veldanava.

It has also been 6 years since he learned that Ciel was Lucia, Veldanava's wife.

Hinata's consciousness was one with her skill [Mathematician]. Rudra's heart was with [Covenant King: Uriel]. His soul himself is also one with his manas. But his case with Ciel was so different than the others, it would be hard to explain. Although he has gained this knowledge, none of his subordinates and friends know about them yet. Just that he has told only his family of true dragons and Milim.

He places his focus on the soul integrated to him from within, and found Ciel's just leisurely hugging his soul. The whole time since Great Sage, he found out that it has always been unconsciously hugging him. And now that it has fully integrated into him, it was very much looking like both souls are blanketing each other. It felt so wonderful and amazing, sweeter than the sweetest work of the best chef's in the whole universe. It always fills him with warmth and calms him down when he's feeling down.

Feeling something like eyes on her, Ciel shyly pushes Rimuru's focus back from their souls to his sister, Velgrynd. Rimuru raises his brows in confusion as she blushed.

"Ciel, are you blushing?"

<<It's just your imagination.>>

Rimuru was sure she means something else whenever she says that phrase of her, but he doesn't follow through and just chuckled.

"So then, don't lose hope Velgrynd...san. You can do it. Just have patience and take your time."

Rimuru shows her a brilliant smile while covering his close mistake of calling Velgrynd without an honorific, hoping she didn't notice it. It was always confusing to him if should he call them big sisters or younger sisters, so he calls them by name alone.