It's too quiet....Too much peace....Danger could-

The voices cut off suddenly as he felt something touch him. In panic, he turned and saw (Y/n). She was tugging his sleeve a bit.

"Lean down." Her eyes sparkled with amusement, not noticing the relief and surprise in his eyes. The seventeen year old, unsure what else to do, bent over slightly. She put the newly made flower crown on top of his loose rose colored hair. But as soon as she let go of his sleeve, the voices came back.

How in the....She's so cool!...You're turning pink....

Shut up...

"Thanks." He mumbled, a flush in his cheeks. She glanced over at him.

"You should braid your hair." She suggested. "Then it won't get tangled."

"Braid?" He asked, unsure. "I don't know how."

"I can show you how!" She smiled up at him. "Turn around." He obliged and she slowly explained how to braid as she did it. When she touches me, the voices leave... He mused. I wonder why...

After she finished, she draped it over his shoulder. He smiled at the gesture. "Thank you." He smiled at her.

"You can do mine now." She curled her wings in and let her bun out, to let the soft (h/c) hair down. Infinitely gentle and still learning, Techno braided her hair. She smiled as he finished. "You did great." He smiled at her praise.

"Your Highness?" Called a voice by the entrance. A young maid was standing over there. "It's time to get ready for the banquet." Called the girl.

"Coming, Kara!" (Y/n) responded. She stood up and smiled at him.

Why?...We just got comfy too....

"I'll see you in a bit." Technoblade told her as he stood. She nodded and walked off towards the door. He gazed after her until she disappeared, still wondering about this princess who took the voices away.

(Time skip: A few hours later.)

Techno tugged at the collar of his white poet's shirt as he stood next to his father. The two were off to the side of the elaborate ballroom, with its elegant bronze colored floor and tall windows letting in the moonlight. His ruby eyes beneath his mask glanced all around, looking for anything familiar.

Too many people....Assasins in disguise....That man is looking at us weirdly....

He slowly let out his breath, trying to control his voices' paranoia. But the constant chatter, even from the calming voice of his father, caused nothing but chaos in his head. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder and just like that, peace reigned. He turned.

"Are you alright? You're kind of pale." (Y/n) asked. He was a little stunned by her appearance to answer at first.

(Here's her dress and crown.)

)

"Yeah, just a little overwhelmed

"Yeah, just a little overwhelmed." He smiled at her. He noticed her hair was still braided. "Would you care to dance with me?" He suddenly asks as a waltz begins ro play.

She hesitates slightly. "I guess it wouldn't hurt."

POG....Les go!...But wait-

They cut off as she took his hand and they crossed the room to the dance floor. And one dance turned into five. But eventually the two separated as the banquet ended. But neither could wipe the smile off their face as they turned in for the night.

(I love chapters like these, ngl. Oh well. More plot next chapter. I'll try to write as much as I can, but I got school, ya know.)