Dinner with the Weasley's

I sighed while staring into the mirror.
"Why do I have to where this again?" I whined to my sister Ella. I of course was referring to the dress my mom practically forced me to wear. It was light blue with flowers around the waist and went to my knees.

"Because mum told you she would let you get 10 new books and let you jump off the roof once," she said turning around.

" I know but right now it doesn't seem worth it," I said.

" I could make it look more you, but mum probably won't let you jump off the roof," she said.

"I can do that any time I want. Let's do it," I said excitedly.

So Ella went through our closet and came out with my neon green leggings, purple rain boots(it was actually muddy outside anyway) and my favorite yellow jacket. She threw the stuff at me then went rummaging through her dresser and came up with a red ribbon. She then took off the flowers and tied the ribbon around my waist.

"Done," she said with a flourish of her hands as she braided my hair.

"Perfect," I said staring into the mirror. With that we ran downstairs, falling twice before reaching the living room with our family.

We had a very large family. Our mum was a pure blood witch and our dad had been a muggle born but he died in the war. There was Harley our oldest brother, then Cecelia, then Ella and me and lastly our younger brother Damian. Since our mum, Jillian, was a metamorphmagus we all had 'interesting' hair. Harley who was going into his 7th year of Hogwarts had bright fire-truck red hair, Cecelia who was going into her 4th year had less interesting chocolate brown hair. Then Ella and I who were both 7, Ella had white hair and I had dark blue hair. Then Damian who was four, had bright green hair. Even though we all had different colored hair we all had either our mums blue eyes or our fathers brown eyes. Harley, Damian and I had our mums and Cecelia and Ella had dad's brown eyes.

We were all dressed up to go to one of mums old school friends for dinner. Weasley was their name, mum said they had 7 children. That was why we were waiting downstairs with Harley and Cecelia.

"That's and interesting outfit," Cecelia commented eyeing my boots.

"Thank you, Ella helped me pick it out," I said with a grin. At that moment mum walked in with Damian, well more like dragged him. When mum saw my outfit, her eyes widened then she sighed and said,"You know you can't jump off the roof right?"

"Do I still get the books?" I asked with a smile.

"At least you kept the dress on," she said with a chuckle. I decided to take that as a yes.

"Well let's get going or we're going to be late," she said."We're going by floo powder so Harley you first, then Cecelia, then you two and we'll go last." Harley steeped in the fire place and asked,"What do we say mum?"

"The Burrow," she replied.

Harley gave her a puzzled look then shrugged and threw the powder down and yelled, "The Burrow."

Then it was Cecelia and then Ella and me. As I stepped into the fireplace, Ella grabbed some floo powder and threw it down just as I yelled, "The Burrow!"

Spinning.

That's what we were doing. Spinning past dozens of fireplaces and catching glimpses of those peoples lives. Though to me it felt like falling. Ella must have thought so too because when we caught a glimpse of Harley she yelled "Tuck and Roll!" and stepped out if my way and into the room. I, on the other hand performed a flawless somersault popping back up on to my feet. My clothes were rumpled and covered in ash and my hair was in my face but other than that I was intact which was unusual for me.