The closer the creatures got, the scarier they got. They had long teeth and too many limbs, and I knew I would be seeing them frequently in my nightmares. The first one attacked and I shot my new weapon at it. It was something Shuri had made, and a blue laser shot out of it and right through the monster's chest. I continued fighting the creatures, using my power to throw them away and shooting them with my Wakandan weapons.

Even though we had a considerable army, it eventually got too much for us all to handle. Three creatures were attacking Steve, T'Challa couldn't hold them all off, and the Hulk was getting overwhelmed. Pietro was still speeding around, but he was slowing. We needed a miracle.

Out of nowhere, a rainbow landed in the middle of the battlefield. An axe flew out of it, knocking the creatures attacking us all back. The rainbow disappeared, revealing Thor, his brother, Loki, a woman in Asgardian armour, a woman who seemed to be glowing, and Asgardian warriors. They immediately dived into battle, swords slashing and powers blasting. The tide seemed to slowly turn.

There was a rumbling in the ground and I nearly lost my balance as massive machines broke out of the ground. I was directly in front of them, and there was no way for me to get out of the way. I was suddenly off the ground and Pietro held me in his arms, far away from the machines. A red glow encased them and threw them into the oncoming army. It crushed their forces, and Wanda stood there, breathing heavily.

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked.

I waved to Wanda before diving back into the fight. I stayed near Pietro (or, more like he stayed near me), and we fought back to back. Wanda joined us, and we all fought to keep our family safe.

"Hey, we got a Vision situation," Sam said through the comms.

"Someone get to Vision!" Steve yelled.

"On it," Wanda said, before she got knocked down by the female from the train station.

"He will die alone, just like you," the female growled.

"She's not alone," Natasha said.

I walked over and Okoye brandished her spear at the female. The female alien attacked at lightning speed, stabbing her spear towards Natasha. Nat dodged and attacked with her electric batons. Okoye and I joined in the fight, and the female knocked Okoye and I back. I hit my head and blinked away the dizziness. The female had her spear at Natasha's throat, and I used my telekinesis to throw her back, and into a newcomer's fist. The newcomer was glowing, and her push threw the female all the way into the barrier above us. She shrieked as she disintegrated, and her blood rained down on us.

"That is disgusting," Natasha said.

The newcomer helped Natasha up and gave her a nod.

"Carol Danvers," she introduced. "I've heard a lot about you, Natasha Romanoff, courtesy of Fury."

Natasha nodded at her.

"He might have mentioned you once or twice," she said.

"Never to me," Pietro grumbled.

I jumped.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"Enough talking, more fighting," Okoye said.

I nodded and got back into the battle. Wanda flew off as Vision got hurt, and Pietro and I followed her. She landed beside him, but turned when a cloud of blue smoke appeared and a figure emerged.

"Wanda, it is time," Vision said.

"No," Wanda said.

The stone was still in Vision's head.

"They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can," Vision said. "Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone."

"Don't," Wanda whispered.

My heart began to break. There had to be another way. I looked at Pietro, but he had tears in his eyes.

"You must do it. Wanda, please," Vision said. "We are out of time."

"I can't," Wanda said.

"Yes, you can," Vision said. Wanda shook her head forcefully. "You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies. It's not fair. It shouldn't be you, but it is."

Wanda stopped shaking her head and tears dropped from her eyes to the ground.

"It's all right. You could never hurt me," Vision said. "I just feel you."

Wanda looked back at Thanos who was getting closer, and then to Pietro and I.

"We'll buy you some time," I said, my voice cracking.

Vision nodded at me and I turned away from the pair and turned to face Thanos. I got my Wakandan tech ready and ran towards him, shooting at him. Pietro got there first and started running around him, attacking Thanos from every angle. Thanos used the space stone to pull Pietro into the air and then slam him into a tree. I used my telekinesis to throw a boulder at Thanos, but he used one of the stones to destroy it before using tree roots to trap me in place.

All I could do was watch as Wanda used her magic to destroy the mind stone and hold off Thanos. I saw Vision mouth 'I love you' before there was a massive explosion and the Mind Stone broke, throwing Wanda and Thanos back. Thanos slowly got back to his feet and glared at Wanda.

"What have you done?" Thanos said.

Wanda crawled over to Vision's body, completely ignoring the titan, and began to cry. Thanos got ready to hit her with the power stone when Carol punched him with the force of a thousand nukes. He flew back and crashed through several trees before stopping, and I struggled against the roots, trying to free myself. Thanos got up again and the reality stone started glowing red. And then Thanos did, too.

I realised it was Wanda making him glow red as she bared her teeth at him and used her power against him. He tried to use the stones against her, but she deflected the power with her own. Thanos cried out in pain as Wanda lifted him higher and higher, using her power to make him feel unbearable pain, no doubt. She moved her fingers sharply, and Thanos' head jerked to the side, and the light left his eyes. She let him drop to the floor, and then sunk to her knees.

Someone cut me free from the roots, but all I could think about was seeing if Wanda and Pietro were okay. Pietro knelt beside Wanda as she cried, and rocked her back and forth. I knelt down beside the pair and rubbed Wanda's back comfortingly. She pulled me in closer and I kissed the top of her head and held her tightly.

Doctor Strange looked on at Wanda, and then back to Vision. His expression seemed pained, and he briefly closed his eyes before walking over to Vision. Wanda looked up and followed his every move with her eyes, and when he got close enough to Vision, she stood up and charged towards him.

"What are you doing?" she demanded, her voice thick with pain.

Strange inclined his head.

"I am doing you a favour," he said.

He did a strange movement with his hands, and the necklace he wore opened up to reveal the time stone. He did some more movements with his hands and green symbols appeared around his wrist. He moved it over Vision, and the Mind Stone as well as Vision came back to life. Wanda let out a choked cry and ran to Vision, throwing her arms around him. He held her close in surprise.

"Did we win?" he asked.

Wanda pulled back and placed her hands on either side of his face.

"I love you, too, Vis," she whispered, kissing him.

haha i worried y'all for nothing :))) or did i?