After "Anything Else?"

Start bij het begin

He won't stop staring at her, as if it's hard for him to believe she's real. As usual, except everything new, now.

In need of an excuse to touch Zoë again, Senne fixes a strand of her platinum hair, kissing her cheek right after that.

She ends up caressing his face, then. It's so close to hers she can't help it; the opportunity to properly kiss him again is also irresistible, so she goes for it.

It should feel wrong, but it doesn't. Kissing him feels right. And perfect. And thrilling. Exhilarating.

No wonder all those girls had been queuing up to do so.

Did they also feel all those things she was feeling? Zoë had no idea.

She suspected they didn't. She suspected he didn't either, with the others.

Zoë had never imagined feeling like this about anyone before.

Just like he never before had wished for a kiss to last. The fondness and warmth he found within her embrace gave him a sensation he hadn't felt in years, if ever. The sensation of belonging, of coming home.

He didn't want to run from it, didn't want to be anywhere else. Here was good, finally. Here was comforting.

The Ferris Wheel suddenly stops when they're right at the top.

"Okay, did you pay someone to do this?" she asks, wincing.

Senne frowns, showing an amused smile. He waves his head no.

Zoë glares at him, evaluating his expression. After a moment she comes to accept that his answer is genuine.

"Fuck! What if..." she exclaims, eyes widened, sounding a bit frightened.

"Hey, it's okay," he assures her in that way he has of making everything seem like it's not a big deal.

Usually that would piss her off, but not tonight.

A few seconds later, Senne pulls his phone out of his jacket's pocket.

"What are you doing? Do you know someone we can call about—"

"Nee. I'm taking a photo. It's not every day you get stuck in the clouds with the woman of your dreams."

"Ha-ha."

"Maybe I want to register that tonight actually happened—for posterity—in case something happens and we die here. Ah, yes, there! I also wanna capture this look of slight fear passing through your eyes." He chuckles jokingly, raising his eyebrows for a split second.

"If I start hyperventilating you'll have to deal with that," she informs him.

"Promise."

Hm, so he would be okay with her hyperventilating. Yeah, right. She doubted that.

Senne makes a gesture for her to come closer.

"Are you doing this to show someone you won a bet or something?" Zoë asks, hoping it will sound sarcastic and not like a real question.

"Seems like I'm not the only one who watched too many romance movies, huh?"

That makes her lighten up.

Did he remember every single thing she had ever said to him? Apparently, yes.

"May I?"

Zoë sighs, eye-rolling. She gets closer then, entangling her arm to his.

Someone was gesturing that the issue would be solved soon, or at least that's what Senne understood from it.

Zoë ends up using her own phone to take some snaps and her final conclusion is that Senne looks almost cuter than usual with silly filters on.