CHAPTER TWO

(MOM'S POV)

"Noor sometimes is a bipolar girl",I thought to myself as we hung up the call at the store.i was so deep in my thoughts when I heard a familiar car beep which was Faisal,noor's elder brother.i knew he was the one because their dad isn't in town.he works and stays in Los Angeles.he always comes twice or so in a week to Miami where we live to check on us.
         Faisal was a tall guy,age 23 and has a silky black hair and bulging eyes that he inherited from his dad.so quite,cool and collected and always willing to care for us.he serves  as the eldest ofcourse in the house due to the absence of his dad.he also manages and supervises his dad's company that is here in Miami,a very hardworking guy perhaps. "He doesn't even care about girls and I wonder how he will get one as a wife",I always say to him precisely.he has also made us proud by winning 5 golden and 4 silver cups of tournament in polo as he is a well known polo player.
      Noor on the other band is a shy,cheesy and beautiful girl I must comment.she is tall just as me and her dad are with long curly black hair that reached her bum.she looks partially like an Arab because we are actually American-Arabians.half Qatar and half Americans.both my parents and Malik's  are from Qatar just that we live in America.noor also got blueish,greenish eyes from me and a cute pink lips with a set of white teeth in between them sparkling like diamonds in the dark sky.though she is three years younger than Faisal,she still acts so mature and highly responsible.studying physics in college isn an easy task I guess.they've also got a younger sister Ihsan of age 5 but still smart and silly at times.already in her first grade at school.always trying to attract peoples attention.she's  chick chubby and plummy in figure size going round the house with her long ponytail.
                                                        *******************                                                                                   
       (NOOR'S POV)
Salam alaykum"said noor as she entered the house with bunches of grocery bags in her hand."masha Allah daughty"mom said warmly  helping me with the bags to the kitchen."noor please help me cut those veggies over their"mum said pointing to the sink.i helped mom prepare dinner and I set everything on the dining table.we prayed Maghreb prayer and called everyone down down for the mouthwatering mac and cheese dinner.after some minutes nobody was there and I got a little upset as I grabbed a plate and a dessert spoon and started hitting hardly saying"come down you people!mac and cheese on the table,if you don't come I'm gonna........"I say these wordings one by one after each hit and before I could finish up my announcement,they all appeared like wildfire.faisal scrunched up his face and said"noor you behave like a......"he disinterested finished up as I just cut him in by saying"i know right,Faisal bro".he giggled and started munching at his meal.we discussed little about random stuf while eating and once we were done,I packed all the dishes and cleared the table.i went to my room and jumped in my comfy bed,panting heavily because it was a hectic day even though it was a Saturday.i looked around my beautiful room that was painted beige peach colour with light purple and girly wallpaper at the corners of the room.i always thank Allah for his infinite mercy and support and I also appreciate him for that.i heard the Iesha adhan being called and said the dua after calling the adhan immediately.
         I hurriedly rushed to the washroom and did wudhoo.i spread my prayer mat and put on my flowing gown and my hijab.i prayed gently and calmly.i said my dua's and folded the prayer mat and hijab,putting everything in the drawer.i went downstairs and took some warm milk then said my good nights.i went back to my room and about to fall unto the bed when my phone rang.i had no idea who it was so I just went to the dressing mirror and picked it up.i saw "yazz"boldly written on the screen as I picked it in no time."salam alayum noor"i heard her saying."waalaykumassalam"i answered back."yazz you are so stupid,you've distracted me from. My sleep even though I haven't started yet,what do u want,wants your problem"i all added in one breath jokingly."well,actually just called purposely to disturb and make you nuts this night cox I know your sleep time is on"she said chuckling and switched off the call.i shook my head in exasperation for having such a crazy friend as I tucked myself in my soft warm duvet,closing my eyes and heading to a different world.
                                            ********************
GLOSSARY
In Shaa Allah:      If God wills
Mashaa Allah:     Saying good,nice in a commenting way
Adhan:                    Call for prayer
Maghreb:                Sunset prayer(4th daily prayer)
Iesha:                        5th daily prayer
The dua upon hearing the adhan:  Allahumma rabbi haathihid-da'watittaamati wassalaatil-qaa'imati,'aati muhammadanil-waseelata walfadheelata,wab'adtahu,innaka laa tukhliful-mee'aad.
             NOTE
Between the call to prayer and the iqamah,you should supplicate Allah for yourself because invocation during this time is not rejected.