"Wow bro, you really have a heart of gold. You ain't a discriminator, are you? Maybe I should follow in your steps."

"Maybe."

The conversation continued to smaller topics, and soon Brett went home.

I sighed softly, and went back to the infirmary, sitting next to Blaine's bed.

The school nurse came over, bending over and flaunting her fake breasts.

"So, Luka... What're you doing right now..?" She twittered.

"Nothing, I'm just going to wait till he wakes up." I pointed towards the white haired sleeping figure.

It was only for a second, but she had a look of disgust on her face. It was quickly replaced by a shiny, bright smile.

"Aww, that's so nice of you! Wanna get coffee sometime?" She asked, blinking rapidly. The confidence she had amazed me, being able to go out looking like a train wreck.

"Well, I'm pretty busy." I frowned slightly, hoping she'd take a hint. And of course, she didn't.

"Well, I hope you call me at least! I'm going to go home now, I'll be waiting for your call!" The woman said, handing me a slip of paper with her name and phone number on it, before leaving.

I smiled and waved as she left, before my face morphed into a bored look. Crushing the paper and throwing it into the dustbin, I took out some files from my bag and started working on them.

I was engrossed into my work, making phone calls one after another, but I made sure to stay as silent as possible, not wanting to disturb the resting boy.

"..Could you do a favour for me, Claire?" I asked my secretary.

"Yes, of course, Mr Ezra." Came her reply.

"Call one of the employees by the name of Noah Carter and inform him that his son will be working on a school project with his partner, and thus he won't be coming home early. Be as discreet as possible, ask of it like a teacher."

"Understood. Would you like it to be done now?"

"Yes, as soon as possible."

"Then consider it done."

"Thanks."

"No problem, sir."

I ended the call, holding back a small sigh before going back to my work.

The sun gradually went down, the moon making an appearance. I sighed as I rubbed my temples. Having troublesome employees were annoying, and I had fired more than 5 in the past few hours.

Sure, having branches were great and all, but if the company started hiring useless people, then it wasn't all fun and games anymore. The main company, where I worked, didn't have a lot of people that lived up to my expectations either, but I had to take what I could get.

I was in the middle of a call with Blair, when the boy beside me began to stir.

"Something happened on my side. I'll call you back later."

"You're at school now, right?"

"Yep."

"Get home safe with Blaine, kay?"

"Okay."

"Then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

I hung up, taking notice of the now awakened boy.

"How're you feeling? Any pain?" I asked softly. After all, he was almost suffocated to death. And all of a sudden, Blaine had started crying.

I quickly stood up to find tissue, but I felt a hand grabbing onto me. I turned around to look at the boy, noticing how his heterochromatic eyes shone in the moonlight.

Polarisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें