Chapter Three: Dallas Abandon

Começar do início

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Type: P       Code: USA     Passport No. 31071960

Surname: OSWALD-KENNEDY

Given Names: HARVEY FITZGERALD

Nationality: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Date of Birth: 31 JUL 1960

Place of Birth: WASHINGTON, U.S.A.

Sex: M

Date of Issue: 15 JUL 1966

Date of Expiration: 17 JUL 1971

"When are we leaving for Florida?!"

"Soon, but do you not want to see what else you've got?" Jack asks the hyped-up six-year-old

"Sure, okay." He follows his parents and siblings up to the family dining room where the rest of his presents are. All eight of them enter the dining room with the birthday boy leading the way, he notices the bundle of presents on the table. The first one he picks up with the card sellotaped on, he hears his dad inform him:

"That's from Uncle Bobby and Aunt Ethel," Harvey takes the card off first, opens it and doesn't bother reading it - more interested in the gift he is yet to unwrap. He tears open the wrapping paper and he is greeted by the sight of a collection of books on astronomy. Next, he opens his second present - more books on space but this time there are nine individual books detailing about all the planets in the solar system, and this is from Aunt Jean and Uncle Stephen, next he moves on to the third present in the pile - a football and a Patriots hoodie from Grandma Rose and Grandpa Joe, next he opens number four - a Red Sox cap with his first name sewn onto the back and a signed baseball bat, mitt and ball from Aunt Eunice and Uncle Sarge, next he gets to number five - a telescope from Grandma Marguerite, Uncle Jon and Uncle Robert, next he opens number six - a signed and framed picture of The Beatles from Aunt Patricia, and finally number seven - tickets to the District of Columbia Stadium to see The Beatles from Uncle Ted and Aunt Joan.

"That's not all your presents, Harv," he hears his dad saying as he gets a long box and a medium-sized one laid out in front of him, he opens the first one and notices the name Fender straight away.

"I've got a Fender guitar and a red one too, just as I'd asked for!" He moves onto the medium present which reveals a fair-sized Marshall amp to go along with his new guitar.
Once going through all of his presents and reading his birthday cards (well, more like being read out for him) he goes upstairs to his room and starts to get some stuff he wants to take with him to Florida to keep himself occupied for when he's on the plane, he's also took up his presents as well so now they're lying haphazardly on his bed. He gets his little dark blue NASA backpack from the cupboard where his jackets live and start to put some of the new books that he got to keep him occupied during the flight he also packs a packet of small foam earplugs that he can use to drown out the noise of the engines and to help when his ears pop due to the air pressure. He also swaps his usual hat for his brand new one, he runs his index finger along the red stitching at the back tracing each letter of his name in a cursive font - he zips up the bag using one of the zippers with a solar system key ring with his name on it and the other one at the other side bears a football and a rocket too, on the top of the bag just below the NASA logo there is stitched: H. Oswald-Kennedy in a cursive font.

 Oswald-Kennedy in a cursive font