valentine's day

~The Great Hall, Valentines Day~

January passed rather fast, February approaching quickly, creeping closer and closer to Valentine's day.

Sitting at the Gryffindor table for breakfast with her friends, Isabel buttered a piece of toast while an open book sat next to her plate.

"Good morning, loves." Sirius sat down cheerily next to Isabel stealing the newly buttered toast off her plate, taking a large bite before she could protest.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Marlene smiled to the whole group.

"Ah, Valentines Day." Sirius sighed softly.

"Practically another Sirius day." Remus rolled his eyes, "how many letters are we betting this year?"

James snorted as Peters hand shot up, "remember last year? There was at least thirty or forty."

"Don't you remember, Wormy?" James raised a brow at the boy who relaxed his hand, smirking slightly, "You started to open one and got blasted with a love potion. We had to pull you away from that one girl. What was her name again?"

"Laura?" Lily answered, "That Hufflepuff?"

"Yeah, her! She was so mad that her plan backfired." James laughed, placing some bacon onto his plate as Peter's face grew red.

Sirius noticed Peter's slight embarrassment, "Don't worry, Wormtail, it wasn't your fault. She shouldn't have put any sort of potion near that letter; but thanks for taking the hit for me." He picked up his coffee and sniffed it, checking it just in case.

"Don't worry, I just poured it for you before you boys came in." Isabel assured him, smiling.

"Thank you." He smiled back, suddenly feeling shy. Sirius Black doesn't get shy?

"Cute." Remus muttered under his breath, spreading strawberry jam onto his toast.

Owls screeching entering the Great Hall, letters were dropped and scattered onto the table. Red, pink and sparkles, all in front of Sirius.

"That's definitely more than last time." Peter whistled.

Sirius shrugged putting them all to one side, "Don't want them."

"And why not?" Marlene questioned knowingly.

Across the table, he gave her a stern look, "Just don't."

She smirked, tilting her head.

Sirius stopped her quickly before she could say anything, "Do you have a date with Dorcas today, Mar? In Hogsmede? Go get ready for that and stop bugging me about my love life."

Her mood seemed to change at this comment, "No, I don't actually." She sounded glum.

Lily comforted her, "Why not?"