I hugged her back. "I'm glad to be back as well. I've missed you a lot!" I said.

She then straightened her back and did a fake cough, going back to her usual self.
"Lady Ningguang would like to have tea with you in a few days." She said.
"I'll remember that." I said and smiled.

I then saw someone run by.
She turned around and gave me a wave and a blow kiss.
"I'm glad you're back Y/n!" Ganyu yelled as she ran by, probably busy with work.

"Me too!" I yelled back and have her a wave.
"Well, i should go back to work as well." Keqing said. "Alright, i'll see you soon!" I said as she headed off.

"You have a lot of friends here." Zhongli said.
"Yes, i missed everyone a lot!" I said.
"Everyone? Including... Xiao?" Zhongli asked.
My breath hitched a little and i froze.

That's right.
I'll be going back to seeing Xiao every day now.
Oh no, i don't feel ready at all...

"He missed you." Zhongli said simply.
I faked a laugh and scratched behind my neck.
"Of course, we're friends after all." I said.

That sentence wasn't really directed to Zhongli.
It was to remind myself that we were friends, only.

I felt my heart squeeze. "Well, i better go tell him i'm back, i guess." I said.
"Alright, i'll see you soon, until next time we'll drink osmanth-" he started.
"Osmathus wine, yeah yeah." I said and walked away. I heard him chuckle behind me.

I turned into a fox and made my way to the Inn.

-

I slowly walked up the stairs and went inside, there I saw Verr Goldet standing in her usual spot. "Good to see you again, Y/n." She said.
I gave her a nod and a wave.

I looked up the stairs. I felt a pit inside me.

I slowly made my way up the stairs.
When i was on top of the stairs i peeked my head out to see if anyone was there.

The balcony was empty.

I sighed in relief, not knowing why.

Thank god he's not here.

I leaned my hands on the balcony.

"It feels good to be back. I've missed this place..." i mumbled to myself and looked out at Liyue. The scenery hadn't changed at all, thank god.
For some reason it was a scary thought; coming back at everything would be different.

"You came back..."

My eyes widened and my ears lowered. I knew that voice.
No no no, i'm not ready to face him yet.

"Y/n..." Xiao said. I heard him walking closer.
I felt myself internally panicking.

Do i run?

I'm running.

With that i jumped off the balcony and ran as fast as my human legs could take me. I was scared and too embarrassed to see him. Me running would probably worsen that, but it would be a problem for the future.

"Y/n!" I heard him yell.

To run faster i quickly transformed into a fox and sprinted.
I ran towards the big tree underneath Mt. Hulao.

Once i saw it i dashed forward and jumped behind it, turning into a human.
I put my hands over my mouth, hoping he wouldn't hear my breathing. I heard him landing on the ground.
"Y/n!" Xiao yelled.

His voice is so nice-

Y/n! Focus!

I mentally slapped myself.
I perked my ears up to see if i could hear him.
He didn't move.
But he spoke,

"It's okay if you do not want to face me, you don't need to face me. As long as you can hear what i say." Xiao started. I just got more confused.
I peeked my head out from behind the tree and saw him standing near the water.

"I'm sorry." He said.
My eyes widened and i looked away.
Say what now.
"I'm sorry we parted on such cold terms. My words were wrong." He said.

I felt better at hearing his apology. After all, he was quite rude when we parted. But those words weren't enough right now. They were too simple-

"You were right and I simply couldn't accept that. I had no right to get mad at you for leaving. You have every right to stay mad at me." Xiao spoke.

That was a lot better.

He sighed.
"I missed you. More than I thought I would." He said. I heard his voice starting to shake.
I felt a big pit in my stomach.
Is he crying?

"Everything i said was wrong...but please... don't leave me..." he said with a shaking voice.

I heard footsteps again.
Where is he going?
I peeked out from the tree and didn't see him anywhere.
Where did he go?

I suddently felt a pair of arms wrap around my body from behind. And i was pulled into a hug.
His face nuzzled into my neck. And his arms were tightly secured around me, making it impossible for me to run.

I couldn't say anything. I was frozen in place.
My heartbeat quickly rised and my face flushed. My tail was wagging.

I slowly softened and leaned into his hug, letting him hold me secured inside him arms.

Xiao...
You're doing it again...
You're giving me mixed signals...

But... as long as we can be like this... it doesen't matter if you don't love me back...

It doesen't matter-

"I love you."

My eyes widened.

What?

His grip around me tightened more.

"So... don't run again..." he said.

My voice started shaking, "Did you just say?..." i tried to ask him.

"You heard me." Xiao answered.

One of his hands then loosened.

What is he-

He quickly brought his hand to my chin, and tilted my face to the side, his face was on the side of my neck. We had eye contact and i'm 100% sure he could see my face filled with blush.

Without any warning, he kissed me.