𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐- 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean by a love sick fool, abeulo?" Camilo asked, getting up and running after the man, "Don't you walk away from me! You- you anciano frágil!"

"Why are you calling my abeulo a fragile old man, Cami?" Valentina laughed, sticking her head down her staircase.

"No reason!" Camilo quickly said, "Anyways, wanna go back to the castia and help set up Val?"

"I was gonna buy a gift for Antonio first, if that's okay?" The black haired girl asked, Camilo nodding his head as an okay, "Okay let me go get my shoes!"

Camilos eyes widened as his best friend ran down the stairs, bag in hand and curls trailing behind her.
He didn't want to sound too cliche or cheesy, no teenage boy does, but my god did Camilo think that she was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
The way her dark brown eyes shone every time she looked at him, he could get lost in her eyes forever. Her beautiful long, curly, black hair that always seemed to look perfect to him even when, objectively, she was having a bad hair day. Her pretty white dress with blue flowers on it that seemed to flatter every curve of her-
Camilo inwardly groaned as he realized that Andres was right. He was a lovesick fool.

"You ready to go?" Valentina smiled, slipping her feet into her matching blue sandals.
Camilo nodded as he linked arms with Valentina, leading her out of the door.

"So, what are you planning on getting little 'Tonio?" Camilo asked.

"I was thinking of getting this book I saw down at Señora Bianca's shop." Valentina smiled, dragging Camilo towards said shop, "Most of his animal books are picture books so, I thought for his ceremony, I'd get him a real book."

"He'll love that Val." Camilo said as he opened the door for the girl, "He's been begging for my parents to get him some 'big boy books' anyways."

  THE TWO FRIENDS LAUGHED AT EACH
OTHER AS THE WALKED UP THE ROAD TO THE MADRIGALS CASTIA.

"You're so stupid Camilo!" Valentina laughed as she shoved her friend.

"You know you love me, Valentina." He smiled, closing his eyes and trying to kiss the girl on the cheek.

"Don't even Camilo." She scoffed with a smile, grabbing his hand and dragging him into the castia.

"Valentina, dear! I hope Camilo hasn't caused you any trouble today." Pepa said as she approached the girl, patting down her hair.

"No, tía Pepa. He's been a good boy." Valentina laughed.

"Good. Now that you're here you two need to go help put up the banner above Antonio's door." Pepa said as she pushed the two towards the staircase.

"Stop pushing mamá, we're going!" Camilo groaned, grabbing Valentina's wrist before going up the stairs.

"Hello abeula!" The two echoed as they reached the top of the staircase.

"You two were gone a long time, what were you doing?" Abeula asked.

"I got Antonia a ceremony gift!" Valentina informed the older woman, leaning forward.

"You are too sweet, dear Valentina." Abeula smiled, "Now, help with the banner, Camilo. I need to talk to Valentina."

"On it!" Camilo saluted as he shape shifted into a taller man, helping hang the banner.

"What did you need to talk about, Abeula?" Valentina asked with wide eyes.

"Don't worry dear, it's nothing bad. Just follow me." Abeula said as she linked arms with Valentina and begun to lead her away.

The two were about to walk down the stairs when they had to take a detour when they spotted Mirabelle putting down a candle in front of abeulas door.