last line poem

LAST LINE POEM
peter pettigrew

"we cannot be created for this sort of suffering

"we cannot be created for this sort of suffering."

══════════════════

MARTY SHEEHAN WAS SURE that the universe was out to get her. How else could you explain the shit show of a school year had fallen on quite literally the biggest exam year of her life? O.W.L's were fast approaching, she had Quidditch practices so many times a week that she barely had time to breathe, let alone get all of her homework done, and then the biggest kicker of them all was coming face to snout with a fucking werewolf. All because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Severus Snape was an absolute dick, Marty had decided.

Marty absolutely blamed Sirius Black too, don't get her wrong. He had been the one who told Snape all about the knot in the Whomping Willow. He didn't even apologise to her for being dragged (literally!) into his stupid feud with the Slytherin. For goodness sakes, the bruise from Snape's hold on her arm was still fading, the bloody nerve of that prick!

Marty never usually went home for Christmas because she adored Hogwarts during the holidays. However, all she wanted was a few days to forget the stress of her fifth year, because if the first four months were anything to go by what the hell was going to happen next? But of course, it was just her luck that Sirius bloody Black happened to stumble into her father's store, of all the damn places to go in London, with a bruised eye, bleeding from his lip, and shaking uncontrollably. Marty couldn't find a good enough reason to shove him out the door, not even the faint stench of alcohol that clung to his jacket like cheap cologne.

Ideally, Marty knew that accidentally befriending Sirius Black that night was a dumb idea, but she couldn't find it in herself to regret the decision.

Because getting to know Peter Pettigrew, falling in love with him, going on adventures and making new friends who would become her family along the way, made Marty Sheehan the happiest she had been in so long. Despite the war that threatened to take everything in which she clung to so desperately.

Eventually, the war took everything.

Florence Pugh as
Marty Sheehan

"Oh, they're going to kill us for losing that!"