Chapter 1

Monique POV
(Monique in media)

Its finally my 18th birthday ayeee!! To put the icing on the cake, I graduate next week. Since this is my last birthday in high school, I'm thinking about doing something a little different this year. So the girls and I are planning to have a slumber party. Instead of it being at my house like last year, I was thinking about the old McNair place a couple of miles in the woods. What could be better than watching your friends freak out for the entire night. Its gonna be... My thoughts were interrupted by my alarm going off.

*7:15* it read. "Shit," I cursed under my breath. I was suppose to pick up Sydney, Tia, and Denise today. I got dressed and hurried into my white and blue 2014 Camaro 2LT. "They better be ready," I said to myself as I rolled out.

I've been blowing at this chicks house for the past five minutes. "If I'm late for school, I swear I'm gonna march my brown skin self in there and beat her ass," Tia said. "IMA give her 1 more minute. If she ain't out out here, we gone burn out," I reassured her. Tia doesn't like school, but she doesn't like being late either. One more tardy and she's off to court again. Eventually, Sydney came out and we were on our way to school.

After school

I called up Dee (Denise) to see was she coming. "Hello?" she answered. "Hey, I was wondering were you still coming to my party?" "Nah I'm grounded. I was caught sneaking out to see Tyrone again." "Dang Dee, can you ever behave yourself?" "We'll just have to find out lol." "Lol bye girl" "Bye." This sucks like ass. Sure Denise isn't as wild and crazy like my other friends but she's my girl. Guess I'll just have to bring her some cake then.