'What did you do?' he countered, 'You said you were happy for us and distributed sweets to everyone!'

'You blasted me even for that!' she continued her tirade.

'So you went ahead and got yourself engaged!' He blurted out before he could stop himself.

'You made me organize your stupid engagement party!' It seemed like she wasn't really listening to him anymore. She just wanted to vent. So Arnav decided to help her get it all out.

'Because you said......mujhe koi farak nahi padta.'

'You gave the necklace I liked to Lavanyaji!' she bit out.

'When I broke it off with Lavanya ------- you gave me a lashing for that!' he countered defensively.

'So what was I supposed to do? Dance that you were suddenly available?' sarcasm laced Khushi's tone.

'Oh no ...no.... that you reserved only for NK!' he said remembering how she had jived to the Desi Girl beats with NK. 'You flirted with him knowing very well that it would drive me crazy!'

'Yes..... I knew it!' she said defiantly, 'at least Nanheji was more open about it.'

'Yes... he was very open when he ogled your open back as well!' he said his tone flippant.

She shrugged off his hands from her arms. 'Oh stop it! As if it made any difference to you!' Aapko isse kya farak padta hai?

'I was going to tell you that night.'

'Just forget it!' She shouted as she pushed at his chest but he didn't budge an inch.

'I was going to tell you .....ki farak kyun padta hai'

'I don't want to know!' She pushed him harder with all her might.

I was going to tell you kimain tumse pyaar karta hoon Khushi.' his voice rang out crystal clear.

'But I hate you!' She began to beat on his chest, tears flowing down her cheeks.

'I love you.' he repeated like a chant.

'Then why did you walk away from me the other night?' she raged, 'to go to London and meet Lavanyaji!'

'What the _____? I went to London to meet Lavanya because AR is doing business with her company. I don't love Lavanya. I don't think I ever have!'

She already knew that, didn't she? but she had wanted to ask him anyway.

'Why did you leave me and go away ......in Musoorie.....for two whole months?' she continued to pummel his chest as memories of that night came back to her. Why was she doing this when she knew it was Shyam who was responsible for all this?

'Khushi....stop!' he pleaded hoarsely, his eyes reflecting the pain – his and hers, as he pinned her hands against the wall.

'Why couldn't it have been you who came to meet me on the terrace that night Arnavji?' she cried distraught, struggling against his strength. 'Why?'

He deserved this thought Arnav. Though Shyam's malice had created so much misunderstanding in their lives, it was his distrust that had caused her maximum pain. Was it too late? Would Khushi never be able to forgive him and give him another chance?

'Khushi, I am sorry......I' his voice caught as his eyes filled with tears unable to say anything else.

Suddenly her bangle snapped into pieces in his hand. He let go of her hands, horrified at the way he had pinned her hands and took a step back and whispered, 'I am so sorry Khushi......I will never do that again. I will go away if that's what you want.....'